stopped moving apps to SD card

thepoet125

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to these forums, but need help and this site seems quite complete. I have the Epic 4G bought about 2 years now, and I suddenly got a message that I was out of memory in my phone and when I looked at the app manager, and even in android assistant I got the message that I could not move apps to SD card and have 20gig free, have 32gig card, I backed up apps and files then reformatted the SD card but get the same message.:confused:
should I do factory reset, or go to CM10
Thanks

gurubone

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
You need to use link2sd. Moving the apps to the SD doesnt move all of the app's data. You also should look into partitioning the SD.

daehttub

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
gurubone: I've noticed recently that memory hogging applications like Pulse no longer can be cleaned out by using the "clear cache" function but now have to have their data cleared, requiring me to sign on again to Pulse. I'll take a look at link2sd. I myself am running out of memory a lot faster these days and fewer apps seem to be able to be moved to the SD card. I'm getting really annoyed at Samsung/Sprint for not releasing an S3 or even S3 QWERTY slider as my Epic 4G's internal memory is really at it's limit these days despite my 32GB SD card.