Epic 4G spec sheet "leak"

vtective

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree, Phil. Not sure why everyone is reporting this as big news.

On a side note... does the formatting of the bullets bother anyone else? I'm almost hoping someone created this on their own using the Sprint press release.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I agree, Phil. Not sure why everyone is reporting this as big news.

On a side note... does the formatting of the bullets bother anyone else? I'm almost hoping someone created this on their own using the Sprint press release.

Yeah, might just be Open Office messing with it. Don't worry about it.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Im still excited even though Im not 100% sure about bluetooth keyboards working out of the box. At least there is a work around unlike the palm pre where its the first palm phone to NOT be able to use one. Hoping for an aug 20th release, but wouldnt be upset with a september release. :)

AdamBv1

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice bluetooth 2.1 when supposedly its supposed to have 3.0? Is that maybe because Android 2.1 doesn't natively support BT 3.0?

This seems to of been consistent the whole time with the Epic so I'm starting to think that it really does have 2.1+EDR.

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Like the fact how they confirm it comes with a 16gb card. I wasn't sure on what size it would be. That's nice to know i won't have to buy a bigger card out of the box. I'm sure I'll update to a 32gb.

Of course the statement "Features, services, and specifications subject to change" can make this whole thing moot.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Really worried with Froyo the phones with larger imbedded memory phones will operate apps faster due to no transfer rates via a memory card port constraint... but happy to hear 16GB is included- here's hoping the price is $199 with the $100 rebate and not a flat out $299.

Still wish they'd put Avatar or some other Samsung store movie preloaded on every Galaxy- best way to sell these phones is an impressive cinema quality video.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, at least the store will be installed... but that doesn't mean anything now, there's nothing in it right now, which is kinda depressing. I would have thought that if you were going to market a phone with a multimedia store like iTunes on the iPhone, you'd at least have something in it. Hell, even Palm managed to scrounge up 30 apps at launch of the Pre.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Of course the statement "Features, services, and specifications subject to change" can make this whole thing moot.

That's just legal babble to avoid a lawsuit in case some stupid crap happens like they run out of 16GB cards and have to give you an 8. But it's not gonna happen. These are definitely final.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, at least the store will be installed... but that doesn't mean anything now, there's nothing in it right now, which is kinda depressing. I would have thought that if you were going to market a phone with a multimedia store like iTunes on the iPhone, you'd at least have something in it. Hell, even Palm managed to scrounge up 30 apps at launch of the Pre.

???? The Samsung Hub will not be preloaded- it says coming soon on Sprints own Epic splash page. They're not going to roll out a store with nothing in it- and to compare Palm Pre's app marketplace is a bit apples to oranges no?

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Its on the Vibrant and Captivate, this isn't a Sprint only feature. Its there, its just empty, I know, I opened it in the T-Mo store.

See:

Last edited:

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
MY bad! THX for the correction. I must have missed the app - I never looked for it as I heard it wasn't available... too busy trying the Vibrant and Cap just to see touchwiz in action- less concerned with apps at the time... LOL!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza