Bluetooth specs?

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I notice that all the other Galaxy S phones have Bluetooth 3.0 but the Epic 4G has a listed spec of Bluetooth 2.1. Is that really the case? Not a big deal though.

AdamBv1

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I notice that all the other Galaxy S phones have Bluetooth 3.0 but the Epic 4G has a listed spec of Bluetooth 2.1. Is that really the case? Not a big deal though.
Everything I have seen points to 2.1+EDR on the Epic instead of 3.0, not exactly sure why but it might have to do with it using a different radio chip to managed to fit the 4g hardware in there.

God I hope it's 2.1... I just ordered a 2.1 Jawbone last night.
Like most things Bluetooth is backwards compatible so you can use a 1.2 device with a 2.1 phone or a 2.1 device with a 3.0 phone with no problems. Heck, a 2.1 phone would probably work just fine with a 3.0 device as it is likely backwards compatible as well.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Like most things Bluetooth is backwards compatible so you can use a 1.2 device with a 2.1 phone or a 2.1 device with a 3.0 phone with no problems. Heck, a 2.1 phone would probably work just fine with a 3.0 device as it is likely backwards compatible as well.

Yeah, I know that. I just would have felt like I was wasting money.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
? Does the bluetooth in this phone allow you to connect to a keyboard ? I understand that it has a nice slide out but i would also like to be able to connect to a keyboard if possible .

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The difference between 2.1 and 3.0 for a phone is not a big deal. Now 4.0 - that would be nice to help save battery life.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, there is an app in the market for that, do more research on supported keyboards first

If this is in reference to my post. I don't have a android phone yet. I'm coming from my pre to (hopefully the epic) i came over to read and learn more about android till i get mine. Was planning on the evo until i herd that the epic was coming out. But i saw a BT keyboard on sale and was going to pick it up this week . i have app brain on my laptop ready.

I will look into the search for BT KBs.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was replying to you. Sorry, I was on a very short break of a 14 hour workday (sprung on me after hour 8, and no meals). I forgot the name of the app I saw, but if you search app brain, it should be there. I remember brown being the color of the borders of the app.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was looking into the blue tooth keyboards as well as it is a HUGE feature for me and I have missed it dearly on the pre. I waited several months for palm to unlock it and I figured since the iphone allowed it that palm would follow suit since they seemed to want to target only the iphone. Well after many requests to palm and several chats with their techs on their forums and other forums polls and posts its still not looking likely to happen. So here I am looking into droids. I read this and it took me to this app. I dont know if there is a free version out now, but just knowing that there is an app to allow portable BT keyboards makes me very happy. No more suffering through long documents/emails/and web posts with the built in keyboard. Just waiting on the phone to release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21