High Resolution Epic Photos

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Which are you describing as having a Jelly feel? the TP2(never used it) or the Epic?

Would you describe the Pre as having a Jelly feel? what is your typing speed on the epic versus the Pre?

The Epic keys are jelly-like but also have a nice click when pressed. TP2 are hard chicklet styled with a softer click.

The Pre is jelly (and tend to hurt my fingers after prolonged usage). Typing speed was about the same... I was making mistakes on the Epic but it was my second time using it, only getting about 20 minutes each time. They were lame mistakes, like... messed up punctuation. Nothing earth shattering that would lead me away from the device; that is stuff that you chalk up to the learning curve.

The Pre keyboard isn't awful, but I loved the Treo KB for years (especially the Treo 800 / 850, which means I can work with smaller KBs) and the Pre KB was a downgrade IMO for those types of previous KBs. I see the majority of my SMS / Text input being done with the onscreen keyboard (not so sure about Swype, it was kind of a joke watching me use it... everyone was laughing at me as the rep took the phone and blasted out a sentence like the commercial) and use the hard KB for work emails.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

Ive never used soft keyboards before in a phone, but i took up swype instantly. I am much faster at it after using it for just a couple minutes on the captivate than i could with the iphone on display.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Probably the best pictures I've seen of the device yet.
Samsung Epic 4G [Photo Gallery]
116713-Samsung_Epic_4G-1.jpg

116713-Samsung_Epic_4G-10.jpg

116713-Samsung_Epic_4G-11.jpg

116713-Samsung_Epic_4G-2.jpg

116713-Samsung_Epic_4G-3.jpg

116713-Samsung_Epic_4G-4.jpg

116713-Samsung_Epic_4G-5.jpg

116713-Samsung_Epic_4G-6.jpg

116713-Samsung_Epic_4G-7.jpg

116713-Samsung_Epic_4G-8.jpg

Last edited:

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Just dawned on me- is that the speakerphone slit on the BOTTOM of the phone (on the back?) WTF? Won't there be massive feedback due to being right by the mic?

Pretty terrible the phone is as big as evo and the screen is smaller. And that GIANT samsung logo is freaking shameless. Why can't everyone follow Apple and leave the screen side of the phone sans branding? Makes the phone look cheap.

Really like the capacitive buttons are blacked out when the screen is off- would've looked amazingly slick without the giant samsung logo.

I also like that the front of the phone is black "floating screen" style vs. the Vibrant fake chrome trim.

thatguitarguy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Do you think the speaker on the back AND the front work as speakerphones? Then it's like "stereo" or something?

Either way, it's kind of interesting in terms of design.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, that looks like a full version of asphalt 5, which is good that we get the $5.00 app if we can't uninstall it by default. The Demo would be useless.

hampstenj

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, that looks like a full version of asphalt 5, which is good that we get the $5.00 app if we can't uninstall it by default. The Demo would be useless.

i would hope it was the full version, I mean the vibrant got sims 3 + avatar on the phone I would certainly hope it was the full version of asphalt 5...

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Just dawned on me- is that the speakerphone slit on the BOTTOM of the phone (on the back?) WTF? Won't there be massive feedback due to being right by the mic?

Pretty terrible the phone is as big as evo and the screen is smaller. And that GIANT samsung logo is freaking shameless. Why can't everyone follow Apple and leave the screen side of the phone sans branding? Makes the phone look cheap.

Really like the capacitive buttons are blacked out when the screen is off- would've looked amazingly slick without the giant samsung logo.

I also like that the front of the phone is black "floating screen" style vs. the Vibrant fake chrome trim.

Apparentky there are people on xda trying to figure out what kind of chemical can be used to get brid of those logos. This phone would br so so nice i f it was just a big clean black slab.

pacha248

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
How come there aren't any leaked photos of this phone in the wild? I've seen pics of Windows 7 phones that aren't supposed to be released until the end of this year but no Epic photos.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
autocorrect thought "previewed"="released"???

Evo's autocorrect was about that bad- so I switched it off altogether. Made LESS errors after that!

mztiklimit

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
^ I doubt it's that bad. Probably he was joking.

Regarding those just released pictures from phonedog.. wow, it just looks amazing. I personally like Evo's design more, but I definitely like the Epic's. Can't wait to see the phone in person.