08-07-2010 12:37 PM
40 12
tools
    Please post links to high resolution, STOCK images of the Epic 4G if you know where some are. Thanks!
    07-30-2010 01:22 AM
    If your asking for pics and not actually posting them, maybe you should put a question mark on the title. Its a little deceiving . No offense though
    07-30-2010 01:30 AM
    Look at it this way,

Once people post photos, the title then becomes a statement of where to find them.
    07-30-2010 01:47 AM
    Anybody notice the difference in the Epis 4g's lock screen?

Flickr Photo Download: dadsontech-samsung-galaxy-s-064-WM
    Justadye4 and ZoogieZork like this.
    07-30-2010 01:50 AM
    Whoa, never noticed the lock screen difference. That's interesting...I wonder if it still has the puzzle pieces. Seems like the lock icon is taking up the middle of the screen :/
    07-30-2010 02:18 AM
    I hope it's not as ugly in person!

If its too ugly/outdated looking I might just go with the EVO.

I have learned though that phones look much better in person, the Captivate being a good example. I actually was really impressed with how the Captivate looked in person; in pictures it looked horrible.
    07-30-2010 03:45 AM
    I hope it's not as ugly in person!

If its too ugly/outdated looking I might just go with the EVO.

I have learned though that phones look much better in person, the Captivate being a good example. I actually was really impressed with how the Captivate looked in person; in pictures it looked horrible.
    Not sure I agree with you on this phone not looking good, especially in these pics. But that is a matter of taste.
    07-30-2010 09:06 AM
    I don't see anything wrong with the looks in that picture. Even if it was ugly, function over form for me.
    07-30-2010 12:46 PM
    Amen ragnarokx! Alas, I think the phone is smexy myself, even more so than my Moment
    07-30-2010 08:01 PM
    I took another look at the picture and I take back saying its ugly. Its does look good, however compared to the Evo it doesnt seem that aesthetic. The Evo is an eye catcher in person, im not sure if the Epic will have that effect.
    08-01-2010 05:07 AM
    I kinda like that it looks like a joe shmo phone... less likely for someone to jack it! I'm sure the screen is big enough for people to tell off the bat though it isn't your typical phone.
    08-01-2010 07:25 AM
    taken from another thread:
    08-01-2010 11:42 AM
    The best way I can describe it... in person, its like a Moment without the gaudy plastic. More Instinct HD in those areas. It's still plastic but... not flat and not overly chubby.
    08-01-2010 12:36 PM
    The best way I can describe it... in person, its like a Moment without the gaudy plastic. More Instinct HD in those areas. It's still plastic but... not flat and not overly chubby.
    Does the keyboard feel too big?
    08-01-2010 12:38 PM
    Very similar to a TP2 but with Jelly keys rather than chicklet style. Not overly large to me, very usable with no learning curve for myself.
    08-01-2010 01:49 PM
    How would you compare the keyboard to the Moment? Better or worse? I love my Moment's keyboard, so hopefully it won't take too much adjusting to get used to the Epic lol.

Sent from my Moment!
    08-01-2010 04:34 PM
    I loathe the moment kb... the space in the bottom row is awful.

So I'm no help to you here... to me its infinitely better.
    08-01-2010 04:43 PM
    if it is like the TP2's KB, then I am VERY happy... I have the moment... and the Keyboard SUCKS... so does lack of multi-touch...
    08-01-2010 06:21 PM
    Agreed on the lack of multitouch! Also. Other than the BB Pearls "QWERTY" keyboard its my first one so I guess I'm just used to it? Lol.

Sent from my Moment!
    08-01-2010 07:44 PM
    Very similar to a TP2 but with Jelly keys rather than chicklet style. Not overly large to me, very usable with no learning curve for myself.
    Which are you describing as having a Jelly feel? the TP2(never used it) or the Epic?

Would you describe the Pre as having a Jelly feel? what is your typing speed on the epic versus the Pre?
    08-02-2010 01:31 AM
    Which are you describing as having a Jelly feel? the TP2(never used it) or the Epic?

Would you describe the Pre as having a Jelly feel? what is your typing speed on the epic versus the Pre?
    The Epic keys are jelly-like but also have a nice click when pressed. TP2 are hard chicklet styled with a softer click.

The Pre is jelly (and tend to hurt my fingers after prolonged usage). Typing speed was about the same... I was making mistakes on the Epic but it was my second time using it, only getting about 20 minutes each time. They were lame mistakes, like... messed up punctuation. Nothing earth shattering that would lead me away from the device; that is stuff that you chalk up to the learning curve.

The Pre keyboard isn't awful, but I loved the Treo KB for years (especially the Treo 800 / 850, which means I can work with smaller KBs) and the Pre KB was a downgrade IMO for those types of previous KBs. I see the majority of my SMS / Text input being done with the onscreen keyboard (not so sure about Swype, it was kind of a joke watching me use it... everyone was laughing at me as the rep took the phone and blasted out a sentence like the commercial) and use the hard KB for work emails.
    08-02-2010 07:41 AM
    Thanks.

Ive never used soft keyboards before in a phone, but i took up swype instantly. I am much faster at it after using it for just a couple minutes on the captivate than i could with the iphone on display.
    08-02-2010 11:04 AM
    if it is like the TP2's KB, then I am VERY happy... I have the moment... and the Keyboard SUCKS... so does lack of multi-touch...
    So the Epic does not support multi-touch? I did not know this. Off to get the EVO.
    08-04-2010 11:40 AM
    So the Epic does not support multi-touch? I did not know this. Off to get the EVO.
    Unless they updated it the EVO didn't support multi-touch for typing.
    08-04-2010 11:49 AM
    What about multi-touch for screen actions?
    08-04-2010 11:53 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD