Is it possible for the Epic to function as an FM Radio like the EVO? Probably a stupid question, but just wondering.
    07-30-2010 07:40 PM
    Yep. I haven't tried the app on Captivate or Vibrant- but I know it's there. You do need a wired headphone cord of some kind or another (even a line in patch cord will work) to act as an antenna- just like EVO.

Unless you LOVE your local stations, I can't see myself using this much as I'd rather listen to Slacker, Pandora or podcasts though.
    07-30-2010 07:59 PM
    What is the advantage of having an FM radio over say something like RadioTime?
    08-01-2010 11:13 PM
    I'm just thinking out loud here, as I don't know the software app too well.

FM radio lets you listen to whatever's over the air wherever you are. The app makes you use the internet to stream your radio station. You can't just channel surf with the app. If your internet connection fails, you have no radio. Clearchannel stations won't work either according to the FAQ.
    08-01-2010 11:37 PM
    You use less power using fm radio than the app, as it isn't using the data connection. Would be good for walking/running and plotting out your run using one of the various gps trackers as the data connection won't be pulled from map rendering.
    08-06-2010 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD