This is more of a post when you find a good sale on a 32 gig memory card. I have found some on ebay...but after reading some reports, they are fraud. So let's help each other out here.
    08-07-2010 09:07 PM
    Verizon has them for $150.
    08-08-2010 04:38 AM
    im looking around to see if i can find some cheaper. ill test it and let you guys know...
    08-08-2010 11:30 AM
    08-08-2010 12:34 PM
    Verizon has them for $150.
    Actually Verizon has them for $99 with free overnight shipping. They have had them at this price for a week or two now and I haven't seen any better prices on real cards.

Verizon 32 GB Micro SDHC $99
    cary328is likes this.
    08-08-2010 04:37 PM
    ok so im looking in to getting a shipment of 32 gig cards . I dont have 50 post yet so i can't post it up. Being this thread was started by someone else I'll just post here. I am just asking to see whos interested in them. No pricing will be posted. If allowed then you can pm me. hope no rules are broken here . if this is deleted , totally understand and sorry ahead of time. thank you .
    08-14-2010 06:20 PM
    What's the highest class/speed 32GB micro sdhc available and/or on the horizon? I guess I could just google it, but thought I'd post here instead. Let me google that for you
    08-14-2010 11:20 PM
    What's the highest class/speed 32GB micro sdhc available and/or on the horizon? I guess I could just google it, but thought I'd post here instead. Let me google that for you
    There is only 1 32GB card right now it's a class 2 made by SanDisk nothing else... for now.
    08-14-2010 11:25 PM
    Nothing else for another 6 months, from what I have read. They should be cheaper/faster/larger next year though.

Personally, I have not had any problems with having 8GB of storage on the Pre or 16 on the iPad. I stream the vast majority of my content. Local storage just isn't a big deal for me, and I think this is becoming true for more and more people. I can live with 4 GB on a phone pretty easily, and I would use most of it just for apps.
    08-15-2010 01:37 AM
    Personally, I have not had any problems with having 8GB of storage on the Pre or 16 on the iPad. I stream the vast majority of my content. Local storage just isn't a big deal for me, and I think this is becoming true for more and more people. I can live with 4 GB on a phone pretty easily, and I would use most of it just for apps.

I agree . I have been fine with my Pre's 8 gigs ,But remember that before they updated the phone , we were unable to go past the app limit. now we can use the 8 gigs for storage of the apps too. So with sprint phones like the EVO and EPIC that only have 1 gig to store over 65,000 apps on Android we need the sd cards for the 2.2 update to store apps on the cards.
    08-15-2010 09:24 AM
    I have the $99 one from Verizon in my EVO and it works great.
    Are you on Froyo and how is the speed when accessing apps that are stored on your card?
    08-15-2010 08:49 PM
    Ok when it comes to the cards I understand about the class . the higher the class the faster the transfers are. Now what is the difference between HC and tf . I know what they stand for . I'm looking at some and 1 is a class 2 hc and the other says just hc/tf . the EVO and EPIC should be fine running either one . thats more of my Question i guess. thanks
    08-16-2010 01:06 PM
    Yes, I have Froyo. Unfortunately I can't answer the speed of accessing apps on the card as I don't have any there yet. Guess I need to try it and find out.
    Keep us in the loop please...
    08-17-2010 12:27 AM
    Fow what its worth, they run fine on my Hero, running Froyo, and a class 4 card.
    08-17-2010 10:51 AM
    Are you on Froyo and how is the speed when accessing apps that are stored on your card?
    I have a EVO and the 32GB SD from Verizon and I am running 2.2. Out of the 127 apps I have installed only 14 of them have "Move to SD Card" feature enabled. This is really frustrating to me. Google made it sound like every app could be moved to the SD card with 2.2 but it turns out that some will never be able to run from the SD card and the rest will have to be completely re-written by the developer.

That being said, I really dont notice any speed difference from the few apps running from the card.
    08-17-2010 11:00 AM
    I have a EVO and the 32GB SD from Verizon and I am running 2.2. Out of the 127 apps I have installed only 14 of them have "Move to SD Card" feature enabled. This is really frustrating to me. Google made it sound like every app could be moved to the SD card with 2.2 but it turns out that some will never be able to run from the SD card and the rest will have to be completely re-written by the developer.

That being said, I really dont notice any speed difference from the few apps running from the card.
    As you stated, the developers have to enable it, not necessarily rewrite the entire app. More will come as Froyo becomes more popular. For what its worth, most of the apps I use have the feature to move to SD
    08-17-2010 11:05 AM
    As you stated, the developers have to enable it, not necessarily rewrite the entire app.
    The ones I spoke to (Evernote, Remember The Milk) said it was a major rewrite and would not happen until their next full x.0 revision.

If it were just a matter of flipping a switch, dont you think Google would have already had their own apps done?
    Out of the dozens of Android apps that Google produces they have only accomplished the move to SD with Shopper and Google Sky Map.
    08-17-2010 11:50 AM
    The ones I spoke to (Evernote, Remember The Milk) said it was a major rewrite and would not happen until their next full x.0 revision.

If it were just a matter of flipping a switch, dont you think Google would have already had their own apps done?
    Out of the dozens of Android apps that Google produces they have only accomplished the move to SD with Shopper and Google Sky Map.
    Could be my ROM, but my phone disagrees with you.
    All of the apps I have move to sd just fine, including google goggles and google voice. I checked others that I hadn't moved, just saved myself over 30 more MB of phone storage. I'm only using 48MB of phone memory with a themed Froyo ROM.
    08-17-2010 02:05 PM
    Could be my ROM, but my phone disagrees with you.
    All of the apps I have move to sd just fine, including google goggles and google voice. I checked others that I hadn't moved, just saved myself over 30 more MB of phone storage. I'm only using 48MB of phone memory with a themed Froyo ROM.
    Now you have my interest.

Sorry to go off topic but it must be your ROM. If you go to Evernote in the market and read the comments, every other one is asking them to enable move to SD. Google goggles and voice have not been updated for move to SD either.

You must have the magic ROM???
    08-17-2010 04:04 PM
    Guess so, but the apps work, and I definitely have increased free space on internal storage. Must be part of the apps2sd package from CyanogenROM. This is a themed version of that one.

Edit: included snapshot of evernote running.
    08-17-2010 04:06 PM

I have about 5 or 6 apps on my SD card and I haven't noticed any speed difference either... but this is on a class 2

I'd like to see some reviews from people with a Class 4 + running apps from the card.
    08-18-2010 07:21 PM
    I have about 5 or 6 apps on my SD card and I haven't noticed any speed difference either... but this is on a class 2

I'd like to see some reviews from people with a Class 4 + running apps from the card.
    Mine are on a class 4, no difference in speed.
    08-18-2010 10:40 PM
    Yea, I just went to the Market to DL some more apps that had A2SD to test it out some more and I really don't a lag between having the app on the card and not.
    08-19-2010 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD