Reason for Epic Delay?

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
They show them using Blackberry's through the whole movie. You would think if they wanted to integrate the Epic they would have one in it. (FWIW my wife wants to see it:p )

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
It seems she is holding an Epic in the scene where she says "Don't you trust me?", it's in here right hand on the other side of her face.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't they release EARLY and still do the tie in?

Whatever.:confused:

Can they at LEAST announce and confirm a date and pricing - and as long as it's in august at this point, I'll be happy.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Far as I can see from those [extremely small] screenshots, all they're saying is that's when the movie is coming out.

Optimistic: Since it's just the movie release date, and that's just the weekend after our current speculated date (20th/22nd), the buzz will just be getting good on the phone.

Realistic: Most free phone giveaways I've ever seen give the phone some time before the release date so.... :(

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
It seems she is holding an Epic in the scene where she says "Don't you trust me?", it's in here right hand on the other side of her face.

Epic fail of product placement... lol

epiccrap.jpg

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
That's the site, keep hitting F5, it'll reload :)

Official Rules said:
First Place Prizes: Ten (10) First Place Prize winners will each receive one (1) Samsung Epic™ 4G phone. Prize does not include a wireless service plan. All activation and wireless service plan fees are the First Place Prize winners’ sole responsibility. Because the Samsung Epic™ 4G phone is not currently for sale to the public, the final retail value has not been determined. First Place Prize winners will be provided with an ARV upon delivery of the device.

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Wow that's a weak tie in of EPIC proportions... I still signed up both my wife and I.

Here's hopin' 8/27 is official!

Just rescheduled the AM reservation from my outlook for this Wed. to Friday the 27th... sigh.

I feel like an old west prisoner scratching days till his release on a jail cell wall..

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Aha! If you win, you can collect the Retail Value instead of the phone itself. So take the ~$500, then buy it on contract. F yeah!

vteclipsegs

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Gets worse...

"DRAWING: On or about September 10, 2010 the Sponsor will select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner and ten (10) potential First Place winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the total number of entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners by phone and a follow-up email within five (5) days of the drawing. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining entries."

Entry ends Sept 4th and drawing is ~Sept 10th. As was said before usually contest winners get them ahead of time, as was done with the EVO. Looks like a mid September release.

Phone#IM

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
As someone posted on the home page article

"Just because the contest ends the 3rd doesn't mean the phone won't launch until then. All this speculation has really gotten out of hand. Couldn't the phone be released and then after the launch, people could win them. Samsung is giving away Captivates and Vibrants right now and the phones have been out for a while. I think you guys are looking too much into this."

Plenty of phones are released and then are later offered in promotions to spread awareness about the phone.

I still believe the phone will release the 20th.

People on here must be forgetting that the Tmobile version of the Samsung Galaxy S was announced a day before it was released so I dont know why everyone keeps suggesting that there should be weeks of preordering and all this other nonsense.

I really doubt the 20th rolls around with no announcement or anything.

The 20th was the first date that everyone figured with some sort of actual evidence. This 11th release and preorder nonsense were just people spreading rumors or he say/she say nonsense.

Everyone is very eager to know the release of this phone but grasping onto every random lead (11th, preorder, movie tie in) is getting ridiculous now.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
The 20th was the first date that everyone figured with some sort of actual evidence. This 11th release and preorder nonsense were just people spreading rumors or he say/she say nonsense.

Everyone is very eager to know the release of this phone but grasping onto every random lead (11th, preorder, movie tie in) is getting ridiculous now.

While I agree that the speculation has gotten out of hand, especially when people start to think that they're delaying a phone because of some crappy movie tie-in, the 11th had plenty of evidence. There was the pre-edited playbook & there were multiple sources citing the exact same wording of an internal memo/email regarding preorder days.

Still hoping for the 20th, but I don't believe it anymore.

wphend00

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got a text from sprint pointing to Go the Distance for a chance to win a great getaway or new phone that looks related. Site isn't loading yet...

Update: Site loads on phone

OK... read the fine print on the link that you sent...

"Opening in theaters August 27, this film is rated R. Going the Distance stars Drew Barrymore and Justin Long as a bi-coastal couple who gamely navigate the pitfalls of long distance love with the help of some 21st century technology. Also making a star turn in the film are two of our featured Sprint phones - the popular new Blackberry and the LG Rumor 2"

What does this have to do with the Epic? Shouldn't it be mentioned if it is being featured in that movie?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC