epic advocate tomorrow

scientific

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I got a friend that told me he picks up his advocate tomorrow. W00t maybe we will here official news from sprint then.

If you can, ask your friend when did the advocate get the EVO (in relation to when it released on 6/6)...was it a month, week, 2 weeks before it was released..

mbkowns

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If you can, ask your friend when did the advocate get the EVO (in relation to when it released on 6/6)...was it a month, week, 2 weeks before it was released..

I will ask this also good to guage but as others have said its android again so maybe its a shorter period. That is my guess but I will ask my friend about it. I have no reason to throw more trash in the bucket here I am just a crazy bout this phone as the next person.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
w00t! I'll be waiting at the Sprint store in Cleveland if it is indeed next week. If not, I'll be waiting in a Sprint store in Los Angeles.

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Advocates/Ambassadors very often get phones after release, in some cases phoen are pulled and delayed a month after advocates get them ,and sometimes advocates have even had to give them back due to delays cauised by the need to change the rom, so it isn't a gauge of any release date.

scientific

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Advocates/Ambassadors very often get phones after release, in some cases phoen are pulled and delayed a month after advocates get them ,and sometimes advocates have even had to give them back due to delays cauised by the need to change the rom, so it isn't a gauge of any release date.

Untrue, it's usually typical an advocate gets a device around a month before release to get familiar with the device. Getting them after a release is pretty stupid.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Untrue, it's usually typical an advocate gets a device around a month before release to get familiar with the device. Getting them after a release is pretty stupid.

Nothing is typical with the advocate program... The Treo Pro was released to them (advocates) and then recalled due to a ROM reflashing. The program is fairly unreliable in determing a release date is his point.

scientific

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Nothing is typical with the advocate program... The Treo Pro was released to them (advocates) and then recalled due to a ROM reflashing. The program is fairly unreliable in determing a release date is his point.

Right, I guess it's typical to give them out a month AFTER the phone is release...:p

mbkowns

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Cool sh!t I asked him and he said that he got the evo week before release.

I am thinking we are good for next week. I am going to get him to send me a pic of the phone. If you know any advocates out there start hitting them up tomorrow about this.

W00t Sauce!

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

that is a Completely bogus claim. Advocates often get phone after. People who have worked in stores can tell you that. And one month a head is extremely RARE,the average is a few days or a week ahead of stroe/telesals (but not often after brightpoint) with some falling as much as two to three weeks ahead and some yo to two weeks AFTER.

Right, I guess it's typical to give them out a month AFTER the phone is release.
Tyocial is a few days. One month before is rare and usually the result of a problem where the date has to be pushed (eg Palm treo pro where all units had to be taken out of sprint distribution places and returned to HTC reflash centers for new rom)

Last edited:

icemanjs4

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
So has anyone gotten confirmation yet that any advocates have gotten their epics yet? With all of this buzz it will be nice to see when someone gets w hold of the physical device.

marisdaman

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
my sprint store guy had the evo 3 weeks before release. When I was in the store a week ago he said the epice was assigned to a girl co-worker and that she was excited to get it..i might go up there Monday and see if she got it yet.. But I do call every other day to see if they get a dummy phone in