Off Contract Price Speculation

steveholtam

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a clue on what the off contract price might be? I'm not ready for an upgrade until December, and I'm not sure I can handle Windows Mobile that much longer.

(I searched before posting btw.)

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Price is $250 after a $150 instant discount and $100 mail-in rebate.

Therefore the price is 250 + 150 + 100, which is $500.

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Price & payment

You'll be charged when you pick up your phone. When purchasing with a new line of service or a fully-eligible upgrade and 2-yr agreement, you'll pay $249.99 (after instant savings and mail-in rebate). If you're not eligible for an upgrade, you'll need to pay full retail price, $499.99. Because we've boosted your data experience with this phone's amazing services and features, you'll need our $10/mo. Premium Data add-on and a compatible plan. You'll enjoy 3G coverage nationwide and 4G coverage in over 40 markets and counting-check your coverage.

(from the reservation page)

steveholtam

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, $500 out the door. From past history, do the ebay prices normally fall below the retail price? And if so, by how much? Assuming demand is average and the stores have adequete supplies.

thatguitarguy

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
it all depends on how long after the launch date and the demand/popularity. You can see how much the EVO is selling on eBay to get an idea.

mb79

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how long it takes for Sprint to reset my upgrade status after I returned a phone?

Should be immediately. My question is: I am returning my BlackBerry Bold that I purchased when I opened my account. The return is well within the 30 days. Can I use my EVO (that I bought at retail price from Walmart) until the Epic arrives and still get the Epic at the upgrade/new line price?

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm, $500 out the door. From past history, do the ebay prices normally fall below the retail price? And if so, by how much? Assuming demand is average and the stores have adequete supplies.
it all depends on how long after the launch date and the demand/popularity. You can see how much the EVO is selling on eBay to get an idea.
Exactly right guitar guy. Normally after a few months it is a few bucks above discounted plus etf. but is highly variable due to supply and demand. Due to a massive number of treo pros I believe the ebay no contract Treo Pro price was just a few bucks more than discounted Sprint price almost immediately after launch and due to high demand from advertising the Pre was much higher than discounted price+etf.

Nickles0n

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
$649.99 or atleast that's how much she blows on bestbuy.com for as the unlocked price. I'm on my itouch so that's a negatory on the link.

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
$649.99 or atleast that's how much she blows on bestbuy.com for as the unlocked price. I'm on my itouch so that's a negatory on the link.

Best buy "retail price" is usually simply FAKE. They have OFTEN listed the full retail price for up to $150 more than the sprint full completely undiscounted price
Never pay attention to Best buys claimed full price it is bogus.

There are many examples of est buy doing that on sprint phones. That nubmer is totally meaningless.

As an example the Sprint CDMA Palm Treo Pro REtail Price was listed as $700 at best buy at launch. and the subsidized full retail price of Sprint was $600. Both subsidized down to $250, but Best buy simply listed a faked retail price on its web site, print adverts etc for the entire sales period of the Pro. They have done it with dozens of Sprint phones

Last edited:

jimmyz

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I am planning to switch out my touchpro2 with an epic4g but will have to wait until Oct 1st to be able to do it on my sero plan. Can I buy the phone for full retail on august 31st and not activate it until oct 1st? I would guess yes?

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Should be immediately. My question is: I am returning my BlackBerry Bold that I purchased when I opened my account. The return is well within the 30 days. Can I use my EVO (that I bought at retail price from Walmart) until the Epic arrives and still get the Epic at the upgrade/new line price?

Sure. That's just an ESN change with an add-on. Doesn't change the contract or upgrade eligibility.

Last edited:

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I am planning to switch out my touchpro2 with an epic4g but will have to wait until Oct 1st to be able to do it on my sero plan. Can I buy the phone for full retail on august 31st and not activate it until oct 1st? I would guess yes?

Sprint stores aren't supposed to let them out the door without activation (per Playbook). Perhaps RS or BB can help you. But, they aren't as cheap as Sprint. Reserve and pick it up Sept 1st morning.

miamithrice

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
tndank said:
Sprint stores aren't supposed to let them out the door without activation (per Playbook). Perhaps RS or BB can help you. But, they aren't as cheap as Sprint. Reserve and pick it up Sept 1st morning.
That "no cold phone sold" policy is BS in my opinion, especially if I am already a Sprint subscriber with my account in good standing. What does it matter if it's activated in the store, or at my house, or never activated at all? They're still getting paid.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
sprint stores are unable to change upgrade dates now. They wuse to be able to but no more. The most they can do is 2 or 1 week before eligibility date. It also has to be activated on the line. They will not let you leave the stoor without activation.

Giblet

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Not technically since it was a new line but just talk to the store you bought the bold from and they may be able to figure something out for you.

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
That "no cold phone sold" policy is BS in my opinion, especially if I am already a Sprint subscriber with my account in good standing. What does it matter if it's activated in the store, or at my house, or never activated at all? They're still getting paid.
Because they are selling them at cost/close to cost/loss even at that price. And they don't want to create a gray market at their cost. Selling it off of contract doesn't get them a two year commitment, but it does mean a happy customer who will keep Sprint service.

miamithrice

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I understand that part of it. Nevertheless, I refuse to let some monkey behind the desk unbox my $500 device, insert the battery, power it on, and try to set up my google account and/or email accounts while leaving fingerprints and smudges all the while. I will just order it online on launch day and have it shipped to my house and unbox it at my leisure. I don't NEED to have mine on launch day.

Aero

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I understand that part of it. Nevertheless, I refuse to let some monkey behind the desk unbox my $500 device, insert the battery, power it on, and try to set up my google account and/or email accounts while leaving fingerprints and smudges all the while.
They don't do any of that, they provision it, set up phone number and evdo/4g access. they usually do the same thing when you order it from telesales lately. And they are no more monkeys than you are.

miamithrice

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
They don't do any of that, they provision it, set up phone number and evdo/4g access. they usually do the same thing when you order it from telesales lately. And they are no more monkeys than you are.
Maybe I exaggerated a bit, but I value the complete unboxing experience. Didn't mean to offend.. :eek:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz