Never bought from RadioShack?

marisdaman

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I have never bought from RadioShack and the fact that they have instant rebate and going to give me a $50 gift card back I am considering that route instead of sprint store so I have one or two questions

1. Can they charge the phone to your account like sprint does or do you have to pay on the spot.
2. Can I get sprint insurance if I buy from radioshack/bestbuy.. Some people tell me no some people tell me yes

Phone#IM

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have never bought from RadioShack and the fact that they have instant rebate and going to give me a $50 gift card back I am considering that route instead of sprint store so I have one or two questions

1. Can they charge the phone to your account like sprint does or do you have to pay on the spot.
2. Can I get sprint insurance if I buy from radioshack/bestbuy.. Some people tell me no some people tell me yes

1. Im not sure but I do believe only Sprint stores can do this and that you have to be approved beforehand with good credit to do so YMMV
2. Yes you can buy insurance from Bestbuy/Radioshack

rmt5

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Apparently, Radioshack is taking preorders starting tomorrow, but how will these be done? Via the web or should we just call a store?

Phone#IM

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Apparently, Radioshack is taking preorders starting tomorrow, but how will these be done? Via the web or should we just call a store?

You go instore and place a $50 deposit down that they give back to you in the form of a giftcard.

Than when the phone is released you are guaranteed a phone and you only have to pay the $200 remaining to buy the phone since you already put down $50.

scientific

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

You'll have to go into a local store (Radio shack or Best Buy), put a deposit down of $50 and go in pay the rest and pick it up on launch day!

marisdaman

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm approved for getting billed to my account from sprint..that how I usually do it and jus pay the bill down weekly..jus need to know for sure if radioshack can do this too..also I don't want radioshack/bestbuy insurance..that why I want to know if I buy from R.S. Can I still get Ins. From sprint. I like that sprint does on spot repair and replcement turnover is less

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

How do you know they are giving $50.00 gift cards?

lpsteve72

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Are they giving you a 50.00 gift card to purchase something else or are you purchasing a 50.00 gift card and using it when you pick up the phone?

Phone#IM

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Are they giving you a 50.00 gift card to purchase something else or are you purchasing a 50.00 gift card and using it when you pick up the phone?

The $50.00 Gift card is supposed to be used to pick up the phone but since it is a gift card im guessing you could use it to buy anything you want.

Realistically all they are doing is taking your name down.

rmt5

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If I'm not eligible for my upgrade until September 1st, do I think I can still go in and reserve one, and then pick it up/pay the rest in full on 9/1?

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
If I'm not eligible for my upgrade until September 1st, do I think I can still go in and reserve one, and then pick it up/pay the rest in full on 9/1?

They said they'll hold the reservation until 6pm local time on 9/1. They're not going to not sell you the phone if that's what up, you're fine.

lpsteve72

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Generally sprint will let u upgrade 2 weeks before your actual date, so you are fine. I have done it twice at best buy(upgraded early). You can reserve one tomorrow if you want. Reserving has nothing to do with your upgrade date.

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm approved for getting billed to my account from sprint..that how I usually do it and jus pay the bill down weekly..jus need to know for sure if radioshack can do this too..also I don't want radioshack/bestbuy insurance..that why I want to know if I buy from R.S. Can I still get Ins. From sprint. I like that sprint does on spot repair and replcement turnover is less

1. No, RS or BB cannot charge your Sprint account. You will have to pay for the phone upfront with one of BB/RS's accepted forms of payment.

2. Yes, you can 100% still have the Sprint insurance added to your account/phone regardless of where you purchased the Epic. If you have it on your account now, then you are set as it will automatically transfer over to the Epic once you activate the phone.

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
The giftcard is usable however you want so if you hold it until launch day the price will be $200. You have 30 days after any phone purchase to add insurance thru Sprint. They told me they check your upgrade eligibility when you reserve one so just go down tomorrow and see what they say.

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using Tapatalk

steveholtam

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I think you just need to call Sprint and see how much credit you have with them. It depends on how long you have been with them, how you originally signed up, and other variables. I'm sure a CS person can tell you. And they may be able to increase it if you need more, depending on your credit and such.

marisdaman

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
What is required to get approved?

For me when i signed up with sprint my credit score was high and wasn't required to put no money down..thats really all i can remember since it was like 10yrs ago and every time i decide to get a phone i just tell the rep to put it on my bill. the rep then looks at me.. then looks at my account and says yes i can do it. I haven't paid for a phone up front in 10 years and that why I asked If R.S and B.B. do this too. I'm pretty sure if you call sprint now they could tell you if you can or cant and/or tell what it takes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair