Notification light?

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone find any confirmation that the phone has a notification light? I am unable to find any definite proof that it does.

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
See attached, please.
Thanks. I wonder if it could be a light for the front facing camera for video chatting? Maybe not bright enough though, so maybe it is for notification. There are notifications listed in the notification area but sometimes the light is on and other times off.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Please search for the other notification thread. That one actually had some decent information. YES there is a blue light. YES there is a red light. Someone from another forum even said a pink light which would hint that the led also has a green light. If it's rgb, you got a lot of colors to choose from in an app like Handcent.

EDIT: Pink may actually be the red that I was seeing. Anyways, I hope this is a multicolored rgb led.

Last edited:

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Those threads are just speculation. I am looking for some sort of confirmation from Sprint, Samsung or a handon video. So far I have found none.

dlwicksell

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Video with an LED

Those threads are just speculation. I am looking for some sort of confirmation from Sprint, Samsung or a handon video. So far I have found none.

This video from Phandroid clearly shows an LED. In this instance it is red, probably indicating that it is charging. I've also seen a video with the LED blue. I'd think that would mean it was fully charged. What I haven't been able to find, or confirm, is if the LED blinks for notifications. But I'm sure that it does. It wouldn't make sense not to use it for notifications.

I'm guessing that the reason the Epic has an LED light while the rest of the Galaxy S line does not, is because Sprint requested it.

YouTube - Asphalt Car Game on Epic 4G

Last edited:

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

Actually, the thread was made after we had proof of a notification light, but whatever. The only thing that matters is that we are interested in the topic again ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463