Epic 4G -- Got questions? Ask them here!

zencowboy7

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Adding phone extensions in a contact field...

Wasn't able to find this anywhere in the Epic docs, so I figured I would see if anyone here in the forums could answer this one.

I often call contacts that work inside offices where a PBX system routes calls coming into a main number. If you know the person's extension, you can get directly to their desk. With the contact fields in my Epic, there doesn't seem to be any method for adding a command that either waits for input or a specific length of time before dialing the extension.

Knowing how to do this would make my life so much easier. Any answers?

EmOtaku

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Does the Epic use the a Touchwiz based media player for music/videos etc, or does it use a basic android 2.1 player? I've heard either way in various readings and was curious. Also, regardless of player, does it support formats such as .mkv?

Thanks!

DefinedByClass13

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I did a quick search but I didn't find anything. My question is, can I save a picture I am looking at on the browser to my phone? I was able to do this with the pre and its more recent updates, but I didn't find anything in regards to this in the Epic's guide.

jclucca

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
How is GPS working for those of you with the Epic? I have the Captivate and am hoping you got the GPS fix included in your sw version!

jwillis5333

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just got the epic this morning and traded in my iphone for it so i'm ready for some android awesomeness but i'm already having trouble connecting to my wireless n network with it am also wondering what some of the apps I should download are so any suggestions for this newbie would be very much appreciated! thanks in advance!

cwfranklin2

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Just got the epic this morning. i'm new to android and I'm wondering is the screen supposed to wake up when i get a notification? Because mine doesn't. And if its not supposed to by default is there a way to turn it on?

campbell

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm new coming from a blackberry. When I try to send my phonebook using bluetooth it only sends one contact after it says sending 139. What's up with that?

elbaso

Apr 14, 2010
about.me
I'm brand new to Android from a Palm Pre. I'm trying to use my Bluetooth headset (a Jawbone ICON) as headphones, via the A2DP profile.
Can anyone tell me how to do this? I've paired my headset, but audio is still coming out through the speakers.
Thanks!

hybrid85

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I gotta ask... Anyone know about when the epic might be getting Android 2.2? It seems like I remember hearing rumors later this month we should see it, but anyone have any more details on this?

hybrid85

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
How is GPS working for those of you with the Epic? I have the Captivate and am hoping you got the GPS fix included in your sw version!

It seems to be working just fine. I went into Google Maps this morning and it located me in seconds. I have done any more testing with it but I'll probably check out how it works using it for navigation later today.

chsinn

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The only thing keeping me from buying this phone is the Android's lack of spell check. I have a blackberry tour and an ipod touch, the spell check on the itouch is horrible. I need a good, dependable spell check. Is there an app available? Is the lack of a comprehensive spell check just a rumor, am I misiniformed?

Just use swype. You barely need to be literate. I have only been using it for a day and a half and makes everything really easy. Swype is actually one of my favorites features on the phone.

4 Star General

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Word Auto saving, feature

I had a Evo and it was set where as, when msging and I'd use my own abbreviations it wold automatically save them. I can't seem to set this Epic up in the same way. If anyone knows the settings within the laguage & keyboard settings feature, pls let me know.

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I had a Evo and it was set where as, when msging and I'd use my own abbreviations it wold automatically save them. I can't seem to set this Epic up in the same way. If anyone knows the settings within the laguage & keyboard settings feature, pls let me know.

You have to type it in yourself, like if you want to add "fdahsn" to the dictionary, just type it in letter by letter, then hit the space button. It should save it when you hit the space key.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol