Anyone know if you can customize the row on the bottom?

crutnacker

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I've seen some yes answers and some no answers to this. I love the way I can keep what I want front and center on my iPhone. Not a huge deal to lose this, but can't imagine doing away with customization.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You could gain it back using a different launcher. You loose the Samsung widgets, but you can find other widgets in the market to match or exceed usability of the samsung ones.

To answer your question... unknown yet. But the reviewers who have the phone can't figure them out if there is a way. My guess would be no, but some have said you can in landscape mode.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You can disable touchwiz and get the plain old ugly Android. You loose the dock completely and the samsung widgets. IMO touchwiz is much better.

frankos72

Jun 20, 2010
www.pigstands.com
install launcher pro, that's what I did. it has a scrolling dock that displays 5 icons at a time. While I haven't changed any yet, got too many other things to do, I have done a long press on one just to see and they can be changed.

dvdqnoc

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I think what bothers me more than not being able to customize the bottom icons (since I think I would've kept it the same anyways) is:
a) not being able to customize the order of apps in the app menu
b) not being able to add/remove/rearrange homescreens

Both a) and b) are available in other Galaxy S phones... C'mon, Samsung!

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded launcher pro plus and I can't get the contacts button to do anything on the launcher. all it does is say unable to launch the request activity. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

anon(47596)

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded launcher pro plus and I can't get the contacts button to do anything on the launcher. all it does is say unable to launch the request activity. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Had the same problem.

-- Hold the Contacts icon
-- Select "Change Shortcut"
-- Select "Applications"
-- Select "Contacts"

Then use the "Luncher Pro" icons to match the others.

HTH

frankos72

Jun 20, 2010
www.pigstands.com
how do i set launcher pro as default on epic? thanks

Press the home button. When it gives you a choice of the different launchers, select the check box at the bottom that makes it the "default for this action".

If it's too late for that, then it's in the menus.

Go to the home screen, hit menu, settings, Applications, Launcher Pro. Maybe it will let you set it under the defaults?

quasi13

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I think what bothers me more than not being able to customize the bottom icons (since I think I would've kept it the same anyways) is:
a) not being able to customize the order of apps in the app menu
b) not being able to add/remove/rearrange homescreens

Both a) and b) are available in other Galaxy S phones... C'mon, Samsung!

Hopefully the TW 3.0 and Froyo updates come soon and bring these features! So far, TW 2.5 is fine except not being able to customize the bottom icons. It's absurd that something this simple and obvious was not implemented.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user