Booredatwork Review!!!

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
What clutter...? There's 2-5 new topics posted on this forum every day. Some days it seems like there's no activity at all. We have threads on the first page that have been there for weeks. I don't think we're running into a cluttering problem :p

He's saying that there was already a topic posted about this...I think. Even though the link points to something else.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
He's saying that there was already a topic posted about this...I think. Even though the link points to something else.

There is, but honestly that thread is so filled with comments and random discussions that it would be very difficult to navigate it to find links to individual reviews. Not to mention that someone visiting the forum seeing a new post on a multi-page thread is less likely to go there than a brand new thread.

anon(49580)

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
It seems that the speaker isn't where It has been rumored before. He also mentions that there isn't any internal storage......????

other than accuracy that was a great review!!

fry8

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
i dont know what is missing in 2.5 that 3 has, but 2.5 actually does not look bad at all...

It is running touchwiz 3.0. The only difference on the epic is that one can not edit the bottom apps, move the home screens around, and there is no daily widget app. All of which I don't really care at all about.

It's an android so ay app that I want to open I can simply put on the main home screen, I don't really need to move home screens around, because it doesn't really do anything to improve the experience since their are already 7 different screens I can customize, and the daily widget app which is somewhat cool, can be replaced by three separate widgets: weather, stocks, and news.

I believe that is primarily the only difference between the epic's touchwiz version than the tmobile's vibrant version. However, the epic does run faster than it's counterparts on t mobile and att. For instance there is no lag exiting out on apps by using the home key that is commonly found on the captivate and the vibrant. I'd much rather have a speedy "less customizable" touchwiz than a slower touchwiz experience that really does nothing to improve the experience. In fact by having it slower, it ruins the experience.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I know a lot of people are upset that the epic's touchwiz doesn't include everything the other phones have, but weren't a lot of people also upset about "having" touchwiz in the first place back when it was announced? Now here we are wanting "more" of it. Almost all the reviews I've seen say that the touchwiz on the epic is much more usable and seamless and an overall much more pleasant experience than the touchwiz on the other two phones. Maybe there's something you'll be able to feel once you're using it and have it in your hand. Nothing you can do about it now, wait until it comes out and see how it feels. Maybe the reviews are right and this touchwiz just feels right.

I do admit though that the bottom 4 icons should really be customizable. Though this seems like something that samsung will push out in an update. Maybe even all these features will be out in the future, and that it's just taking them a bit longer to get everything to work with the landscape keyboard.

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
What clutter...? There's 2-5 new topics posted on this forum every day. Some days it seems like there's no activity at all. We have threads on the first page that have been there for weeks. I don't think we're running into a cluttering problem :p

3 people posted the same review. That's clutter.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I know a lot of people are upset that the epic's touchwiz doesn't include everything the other phones have, but weren't a lot of people also upset about "having" touchwiz in the first place back when it was announced? Now here we are wanting "more" of it. Almost all the reviews I've seen say that the touchwiz on the epic is much more usable and seamless and an overall much more pleasant experience than the touchwiz on the other two phones. Maybe there's something you'll be able to feel once you're using it and have it in your hand. Nothing you can do about it now, wait until it comes out and see how it feels. Maybe the reviews are right and this touchwiz just feels right.

It's not necessarily TouchWiz they don't like, it's the fact that they're forced to run something that eats a bit of the processor. If it was optional, you'd see a lot less hate.

Now they're forcing TouchWiz to run *and* they're removing some of the benefits. So less benefits, but still eating up some processor. That sucks...

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
There is, but honestly that thread is so filled with comments and random discussions that it would be very difficult to navigate it to find links to individual reviews. Not to mention that someone visiting the forum seeing a new post on a multi-page thread is less likely to go there than a brand new thread.

You make a very good point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles