Why DLNA is cool

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
This might be old hat to some but...

I was looking around on how to use DLNA and realized with a program like TVersity (Free) on your PC you can stream content to an EPIC 4G. And if you really want to be slick you can run your vid/hdmi out to your TV and watch that way. I just wonder how well the phone will handle being the go-between for my media system.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Wait wait wait... I can stream it from my home to my Epic over the internet? Or just through wifi?

Either way it's pretty cool, but if it's just wifi, it's only cool around my house.

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Wait wait wait... I can stream it from my home to my Epic over the internet? Or just through wifi?

Either way it's pretty cool, but if it's just wifi, it's only cool around my house.

I think you have to do it over WiFi, but there might be a way to use a DLNA server at home if you have a static IP address. If possible that would be cool, but I think you might run into bandwidth issues. I just like the idea of sitting in bed and watching vids (I don't have a TV in my room).

But the overall idea of the DLNA (UPnP as well) standard is to make it crazy-easy to watch media over a network. Ideally you have a TV with DLNA built in and then all your computer media can go straight to your set.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Once I have the Epic, I'll Promise I'll do a write-up on how to share videos/music/photos to and from epic to pc/mac/ps3 (xbox will be similar, but I don't have one). Windows Media Player makes this so easy, just gotta know where to go in the settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463