Official PhoneDog Video Review!

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Once again, Noah with the magic fingers! Honestly, the capacitive buttons for him don't take more than one tap to respond.

NSS

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes, so do I. He mentioned in the review he prefers the iPhone screen over the Epic screen, but I want to see them side by side to see what he thinks then.

Right, I haven't seen the epic yet but I think the size of the screen will make it seem "better" than the iPhones. I'm just interested to see how the phones compare speed wise because both have a 1ghz processor.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Why do these guys get a phone early to review with terrible reviews like this?

16minutes of watching him actually DO nothing! How many reviews click on an app only to say- oh well I need to sign in- so they LEAVE the app start up screen and show them swiping screens the rest of the review.

Clicked on Facebook, not signed in, then Quick- not signed in, showed us the web, but just did a pinch to zoom- no talk about reflow of text- no side by side showing how Evo vs. Epic render pages differently (yes they are a bit different even 2.1 vs. 2.1!

Talked not at all about anything that differentiates Samsung phones from any other android- talked not at all about what differentiates Epic from other Galaxy phones-

All this contained "great qwerty makes this the BEST android phone evar!" blah blah blah- oh and the capacititive buttons are finikey but I seem to use them just fine on this video- and I do use them more than phones with hard buttons!"

Seriously? THIS is a review? Do they get PAID to do this?

I've got to start a phone review blog...

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Why do these guys get a phone early to review with terrible reviews like this?

16minutes of watching him actually DO nothing! How many reviews click on an app only to say- oh well I need to sign in- so they LEAVE the app start up screen and show them swiping screens the rest of the review.

Clicked on Facebook, not signed in, then Quick- not signed in, showed us the web, but just did a pinch to zoom- no talk about reflow of text- no side by side showing how Evo vs. Epic render pages differently (yes they are a bit different even 2.1 vs. 2.1!

Talked not at all about anything that differentiates Samsung phones from any other android- talked not at all about what differentiates Epic from other Galaxy phones-

All this contained "great qwerty makes this the BEST android phone evar!" blah blah blah- oh and the capacititive buttons are finikey but I seem to use them just fine on this video- and I do use them more than phones with hard buttons!"

Seriously? THIS is a review? Do they get PAID to do this?

I've got to start a phone review blog...

You should, you would probably be the best reviewer ever! No joke.

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I felt the review was fair to good...a little fluffy...but he had some good insights. He kinda flew through the phone. Dog Fights should be good though.

pmjohnson99

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
I wish people would stop reviewing the carrier reception when they've only tried it in one city.

This is so true...its pointless to let people know about speeds and such on a review. I saw the guy on pocketnow layout his speed test...but he lives in Utah! That's great to know next time I'm in Provost...but probably has no bearing on my day to day in Los Angeles (which sprint's pretty good in).

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
This is so true...its pointless to let people know about speeds and such on a review. I saw the guy on pocketnow layout his speed test...but he lives in Utah! That's great to know next time I'm in Provost...but probably has no bearing on my day to day in Los Angeles (which sprint's pretty good in).

I live by Santa Monica and I have absolutely no problems with Sprint, but LOADS with AT&T.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I live in Los Angeles, and yes, ATT dissappears at the beach, but Sprint (and Verizon to some extent) rocks in the 310. I think they great tower coverage on the west side.

I used to live in between BH and Sherman Oaks. Even though nobody got that much reception, Sprint handled it the best. Since when the heck are you going to get a data connection faster than AT&T's EDGE with full bars when you have 0 bars of 3g? Man, that short time I had the EVO, I had the best connection I've ever gotten. Of course, my family's ban on Verizon means that I'll never get to test it :(

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
LOL- all 3 of us are in the same ballpark...I'm in Encino- commute to Glendale. Maybe we'll have to do an Epic meet some weekend for coffee? Epic forum video review roundtable.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
LOL- all 3 of us are in the same ballpark...I'm in Encino- commute to Glendale. Maybe we'll have to do an Epic meet some weekend for coffee? Epic forum video review roundtable.

Epic meet, no pun intended? :D Yeah, it was the Coldwater/Benedict Canyon area. Now i'm in Marina Del Rey, but it's only temporary because we're remodeling the house we bought. I'll be down in Redondo by the time our Epic 2 discussions begin:p