How many of you have received a call letting you know your phone has arrived?

justkeptfading

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that a few people have received phone calls letting them know that their phone has arrived. I pre-ordered mine from the Shack and have not received said call. How many have you have not gotten this call?

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have NOT... I am waiting for BB to call me to set up my appt for picking up and activating my Epic... I'm almost ready to call them to see what's up because when I pre-ordered they said I was the first to do so...

Speaking of which... this will be my first phone activation at BB... can anyone with experience with doing so with other phones speak a little on the process? The only interaction I have had with Best Buy Mobile has been getting them to install my Invisible Shields. What's the phone activation process like there and how easy (or difficult) are they to work with? TIA...

NSS

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten 4 phones activated at BB and the process was pretty quick and easy. They just ask your account info, find the eligible upgrade line and then activate the phone right there. They also offer a contact swap there as well. I was in and out in about 15 minutes most of the time and once they activate it, your good to go.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm just going in Tuesday to get my phone. Couldn't pre-order the Epic from Best Buy online, so I had to resort to the Sprint store.

egeorge1

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
There are no appointment times at Sprint stores correct? You just go in and pick it up anytime Tuesday as long as you have a reservation?

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
There are no appointment times at Sprint stores correct? You just go in and pick it up anytime Tuesday as long as you have a reservation?

Yeah, I'm assuming that's what you have to do... if I remember correctly, this was the first time that Sprint offered the pre-order reservation listing online, so this should be a fairly new process...

I pre-ordered through Sprint's Premier reservation before my BB pre-order, so if I grab my phone at BB I'll just cancel the Sprint reservation so they can give the phone to somebody else who's waiting

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
No call here. but then again my mom has been there many many times since they had the release date and Hopefully there wont be too many people in line Tuesday morning.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm assuming that's what you have to do... if I remember correctly, this was the first time that Sprint offered the pre-order reservation listing online, so this should be a fairly new process...

I pre-ordered through Sprint's Premier reservation before my BB pre-order, so if I grab my phone at BB I'll just cancel the Sprint reservation so they can give the phone to somebody else who's waiting

Its reserved for you up until 6PM on the 1st (Wednesday)

On that note: I have not received a call yet.

Last edited:

rcbme

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I got a call from my local Sprint store yesterday. They wanted to tell me that my Epic was in, and wanted to know what time I was going to come pick it up. He said I could pick it up any time Tuesday, but with the crowd they are expecting, wanted to get an idea of the time. So I'm in for a 4:30pm date with my new Epic!! Sweet!

13curly

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm pre-ordered with RS also. I was told last week that I didn't need an appointment, but went by the store today to look at accessories and was told that they would call on Monday to set appointments (seems a bit late to me for us working folks). However, since I already planned on being there first thing in the morning (9 a.m.), it should be no issue.

I was told that they do want appointments in order to avoid issues experienced with the EVO launch - apparently since there were so many phones to activate on launch day, it sometimes took up to two hours to activate a phone. This is what I was told, please let me know if you know differently.

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I got my call this morning @ around 10.30am - I called back in afternoon they said the "earliest" appointment I could get was @ 11am - I said well I work so why not @ 10, they stated while I was the 1st person to pre-order they already made earlier appointments and they are spacing them out so in the event of activation delay etc they don't want people just sitting and waiting - im like serioulsy 10min TOP! to do an esn swap and do test call if that! I don't need you to set up anything but whats required in the computer LOL but im going around 10.30am Im not tryna be waisting my time I have things to do- I wish I wanted to pay Sprint the extra 100 up front cause they open at 8am lol ughhh

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I reserved in the first half hour the pre-orders were open, yet no call... Hmm, I don't know about this, but I do have a confirmation number. I was told somewhere that I could get it at 8am sharp though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR