Best buy or radio shack?

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at buying the epic, but only because I want to sell it. I'm keeping my evo but wqnt to use the upgrade I have. Is best buy or radio shack better to get the phone from?

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at buying the epic, but only because I want to sell it. I'm keeping my evo but wqnt to use the upgrade I have. Is best buy or radio shack better to get the phone from?

Best Buy from previous experience. Although Radio Shack kept their word when they called to tell me that my EVO was in. I think it's a wash. Both are very good.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
My choice is Rshack.
Easy exchanges if device is bad & If your not digging Epic you can take back get full refund no restocking fee charged.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The phone will need to be activated on your account and remain there for 30 days. They will open the box and setup the phone which means it would no longer be brand new.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The phone will need to be activated on your account and remain there for 30 days. They will open the box and setup the phone which means it would no longer be brand new.

i can activate the phone but not leave it on my account for 30 days. i thought since the rebate was instant all you need to do is keep the line active.

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes phone will be required to be activated, but does not need to remain on your line for 30 days. 24 hours is the technical answer, but I've seen people switch it off in minutes.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes phone will be required to be activated, but does not need to remain on your line for 30 days. 24 hours is the technical answer, but I've seen people switch it off in minutes.

What price would you pay if you cancelled the line, but kept the phone? Would it still be full price? I'm talking about before 30 days, not after by the way.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I too vote for radio shack. I bought my first Evo from them and returned before the 30 days were up and they didn't give me any issues and gave me full refund and no restocking fee.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
well it's best buy. Went to three of them to preorder the Epic. I'm 4th on one list, 9th on another and not sure on the other one. I'll be able to get the phone I'm betting opening day.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
i also have to say that the best buy mobile was a great experience for preorder. None of the Sprint BS where you have to keep calling everyday and there's no wait list, yada yada. Best Buy Mobile was a good experience. Of course, it was only for the preorder, but it was refreshing. I'm never going to set foot in another sprint store ever again.

vincey2kr1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I rather go to sprint they are usually painless and always available, but no instant rebate is driving me to try out Radio shack for the first time.. No way will i go to worst buy, there customer service is horrible, long long exchange lines, even calling into for a quick question yields a 20min wait IF you can actually speak to someone.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I rather go to sprint they are usually painless and always available, but no instant rebate is driving me to try out Radio shack for the first time.. No way will i go to worst buy, there customer service is horrible, long long exchange lines, even calling into for a quick question yields a 20min wait IF you can actually speak to someone.

i guess our experiences are different. my experience at sprint stores have been going there, getting told by a bunch of jerks that they don't have the evo and i'd have to check in everyday to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12