So really, what was the hold-up?

Mook1e

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Looking everywhere (including Best Buy, Amazon, and Radio Shack online), the Epic is now 2 weeks out if you order it now, indicating the initial shipment to stores has been sold out.
Has this thing sold like unheard of gangbusters?
I thought the delay was possibly to build up enough stock so that there wouldn't be a shortage for launch.
It looks to me like there is still going to be a shortage.
There don't seem to be any extras shipping to stores above and beyond the pre-orders.
In case you haven't figured it out yet, YES I don't have a pre-order and I'm going to be floating around on the 31st trying to find an Epic which isn't spoken for.

The Captivate and the Vibrant are steadily in stock and available anywhere.
What the heck is Sprint's problem?
First the Evo, now this?

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Looking everywhere (including Best Buy, Amazon, and Radio Shack online), the Epic is now 2 weeks out if you order it now, indicating the initial shipment to stores has been sold out.
I thought the delay was possibly to build up enough stock so that there wouldn't be a shortage for launch.
There don't seem to be any extras shipping to stores above and beyond the pre-orders.
In case you haven't figured it out yet, YES I don't have a pre-order and I'm going to be floating around on the 31st trying to find an Epic which isn't spoken for.

First the Evo, now this?

I don't think it is sold out. What are you basing that on?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
First the Evo, now this?
The Captivate can't compete with the iPhone for the smartphone market on AT&T while the bulk of TMo subscribers seems to be in the flip phone crowd. I say that because the Vibrant is easily the best phone that TMo carries, and they can't even give them away.

But the Evo and Epic are arguably the two best smartphones you can buy, and between buy demand and production snafus, Sprint just can't keep them in stock.

ben7337

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Well if you really wanted it on launch day you really should have preordered. That's honestly all I can say. I personally want to wait a couple weeks to make sure it works well is a good quality phone. That and preordering to pick up in store wasn't really an option.

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

First the Evo, now this?

Well I will say this stock at store "A" has no bearings on Sprint or store "B" for instance my local best buy Im #2 on the list - however Im going to gamble and say stores are receiving 8-10 devices( best buy radio shack etc) not sure on actual Sprint stores but I called just yesterday and the guy told me while Pre-Ordering has STOPPED they are receiving 9 devices initially and only 4 people pre ordered so be their early when they open - my suggestion to u is to call around and speak to them or go in person to see what store is going to give u your best shot to get on launch day!! YEA EPIC! LOL

Mook1e

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Every store in my area says all of the Epics they have, or will receive, are for pre-orders.
I'm just going to order it from Amazon and wait for it. I've waited this long! :D
(I'm going to cry a little now)

duallydave

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You can still order an Epic from Newegg.com

Newegg (Simplexity) told me that they expect to get the Epic on Tuesday, so I'm guessing they won't ship out until Wednesday and get there until Thursday or Friday. If somebody is impatient they may want to try calling around locally before placing an order at this late date.

frankos72

Jun 20, 2010
www.pigstands.com
I've asked a couple different Best Buys, Sprints 3 radio shacks and a Sam's Club. The best Buys were iffy if they would have more than their Pre orders. The sprint stores thought they would have at least some in stock but didn't know how many, the sam's said they "should" get some on Tuesday and the Radio Shacks all thought they would have some.

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
A topic about a none-issue.. phone is releasing Tuesday. You either get it on release day, or you don't. Who cares.. it's just a phone

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That's funny, just a few weeks ago all the stores were saying how they expect to have plently of stock and not to worry about preordering. Sure glad I put a preorder in anways.

Epic Journey

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
The local Sprint corporate store, where my pre-order is being sent, said they won't receive the phones until Monday. They expect to get extras.

The local privately owned store already have there's - 4 more than the list of those of us interested. I've got my choice of 2, just to be safe. I never got the Evo I was waiting for, so am taking no chances this time. I thought I would wait a few weeks to see if there were any problems with them and never was able to get one.

The corporate store is opening early, at 8:00. If I didn't have a preorder waiting, I would be at the door if I was someone hoping to get one.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife pre-ordered hers from Best Buy last week and got an e-mail today saying it's still backordered.

I never got to pre-order since I forgot to go to Best Buy before my 1 week vacation. It was too late after that. Luckily, I had my Sprint pre-order as my back up, yet they haven't called me yet, so maybe tomorrow?

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I've asked a couple different Best Buys, Sprints 3 radio shacks and a Sam's Club. The best Buys were iffy if they would have more than their Pre orders. The sprint stores thought they would have at least some in stock but didn't know how many, the sam's said they "should" get some on Tuesday and the Radio Shacks all thought they would have some.

"Pre" like Palm orders or "pre-orders"

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

/My Pre knows I'm on the countdown for the Epic, but also knows that there's nothing that can be done... I'm Epic bound! (on Tuesday)

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
"Pre" like Palm orders or "pre-orders"

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

/My Pre knows I'm on the countdown for the Epic, but also knows that there's nothing that can be done... I'm Epic bound! (on Tuesday)

Bye bye iPhone! Never again will I touch an iPhone that's mine. Good riddance!

Mook1e

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
A topic about a none-issue.. phone is releasing Tuesday. You either get it on release day, or you don't. Who cares.. it's just a phone

Posted in a thread about a phone on a (primarily) phone web site.
I love it when people do things like this.
If you don't care, why post?

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

First the Evo, now this?

Remember that it is also the maker of the phone that can determine a phone shortage. The reason the other galaxy s phones dont sell out is that the carriers arent pushing them as their flagship like sprint did with the evo and epic. Att made it so the phone cannot compete with the iphone and the tmobile version well its tmobile and I never see their ads. Nothing wrong with tmobile but they are not a tier 1 carrier IMHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech