Visit site
Sprint Samsung Epic 4G Review ? Boy Genius Report

BGREpic.jpg

Last edited:

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
From BGR's review:

"The video the Epic shoots is not spectacular, it isn’t bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it is not as crisp as the 720p video you get from the DROID X or EVO 4G. We’ve got a sample video below; we’ll let that speak for itself."

I remember the Epic 4G video samples looking better than the Evo's...
Also, a-GPS instead of GPS?
What happened...?

Last edited:

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
a-gps is what every phone has. the regular gps gets assisted by radio towers. Basically, it gets a rough idea of where you are and then it knows what satellites to look for, so it takes less time to get a real GPS lock.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a grammar nazi by any means, but just... UGH:
"but that didn’t really hinder are overall impression of the device."

I mean there, their, and they're I can understand. But our and are? Really?

wphend00

May 17, 2010
Visit site
From BGR's review:

"The video the Epic shoots is not spectacular, it isn?t bad by any stretch of the imagination, but it is not as crisp as the 720p video you get from the DROID X or EVO 4G. We?ve got a sample video below; we?ll let that speak for itself."

I remember the Epic 4G video samples looking better than the Evo's...
Also, a-GPS instead of GPS?
What happened...?

All I can say is "WHAT THE WHAT".... as Mr. Brown says on Meet the Browns...
I had an EVO 4g... its video was bordering on awful...seriously...

its not even FUNNY.... how bad the video was..

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
... Video is similar. EVO does a great job in moderate light, but has issues in direct sunlight. Opposite was true in my tests on the Epic. Video in direct sunlight was best and moderate light (i.e. shady outdoors) not as crisp. Interesting, really.

aznmode

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That was a great review but I too didn't particularly like the video and photo comment. I have one waiting for me tomorrow at a Sprint store but I keep reading mixed reviews on the video and camera quality. I think the best review for me would be my own. I'll just put it on a new account and cancel it within 30 days if I don't like it. No damage done. If I do like it then Ill just cancel the service and let them charge me for the phone.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
on the engadget podcast josh said that the iPhone camera is much better than the one on the Captivate.

The iPhone 4 camera really is very nice, but for videos the angle is messed up, the wide angle on the GS phones is much more flexible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12