What is today's strategy?

ConceptVBS

May 25, 2010
Visit site
:) I cant believe its finally here.

What are yall's strategy for today? Wait in line? Bust open door as soon as they open? Go in after work? Before work? During work?

Lets hear it!

jsimon9633

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping to go before work to Best Buy but now they are telling me I cant get it until 2pm because they are only letting 3 per hour. I may take a chance and stop by before work and see if they Budge.

Phone#IM

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Sadly I will probably be avoiding this board like the plague since I am not eligible for an upgrade till Jan. and all the first impressions would make the wait worse.

jsimon9633

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Sadly I will probably be avoiding this board like the plague since I am not eligible for an upgrade till Jan. and all the first impressions would make the wait worse.

call em up and tell them you really want it and maybe youd consider going to vzw or att if they dont move up your date at least a few months :) worth a shot

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Sit my butt at work and get something done while I patiently wait for my Epic to get overnighted to me from StudentRate's Sprint connection

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
have an appointment, but might not be able to go in until evening. I wish I could get it right at opening time.

On the other hand, you could win a free epic if you post here...

mooshubob

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I actually have to wait until Wednesday :/
Ordered off of StudentRate, so free overnight shipping. Still, getting the phone for $175 plus taxes, + 15% off of my monthly bill + free invisible shield...can't argue with that.

I was planning on doing a series of quick and painless modifications as I get it:

1) LauncherPro or SlideScreen (still deciding which)
2) Root in the near future (probably when Cyanogen 6.1 with support is out)

After I finish (1), I'll probably be posting a little review/show-off shindig. You guys can PM me if you want me to test anything specific (I don't think I'll have 4G just yet, however)

Jeff80

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have an Evo already, but I had no problems getting it through sprint.com 2 weeks after launch. Good luck to you guys.

Kite

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I would go in during my lunch break. As I enter I would have to awkwardly pass by the Evo's as they wonder why they are being ignored like an ex-girlfriend. Then, as the associate is ringing up my baby I would take one last glance at the sexy beast that is the Evo and flaunt my new baby out the door, slowly letting the keyboard slide out.

Sadly, my contract is not up.

seistoes

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Today's strategy: take the morning off from work; head to Sprint store around 7 AM; grab a quick breakfast at the Panera's next to the store; assess the line size (if any); record the experience on my Evo's video ; wait for the store to open; buy the Epic and some accessories (the dock charger and screen protector ); head quickly to a 9am appointment; play with the Epic the rest of the day!