I want an EPIC! I wish sprint would just allow me to Upgrade now!

krazyfiend

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Having to wait til Oct 1st to get a Epic...

... I could open new line and close out the account and just get the phone for 450$, but I'd rather qualify for my 150$ credit on Oct 1st (Sprint CS live chat and phone wouldn't budge on bumping up my upgrade date a month to keep a 7 years customer happy --and I'm on F&C retention plan so my base plan doesn't get me Sprint Premier status)

On the upside, hopefully everything will be shaken out, 2.2/Froyo hopefully will be released by then and all the tutorials & guide threads on XDA and here will be around for me to take advantage of.

I assume I'm not the only one having to wait a month or two to qualify for my 150$ credit -- hopefully it doesn't spell disaster in terms of the Epic getting backordered at RS, BB and Sprint stores

Cheers and congrats to all those picking their Epics up today...I will be quite envious as I refresh & peruse this forums throughout today and the next month

:)

Atlienzz

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
That stinks. My friend was due in a week for his upgrade and he called and just got an evo. They worked with him but then again his upgrade was only a week away.

Good luck!

robman62

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I want an Epic, but I cant upgrade until next November....why doesn't sprint just use the iphone method and allow people to upgrade to the new 4g phones :(

krazyfiend

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Thanks!

Yeah, I'm wondering if anyone was successful in getting it bumped up a full month (or more) lately...

I'm pondering hitting up telesales maybe next week or so, or even retentions ...to try and work with them... It's seems a bit counter intuitive to not want to lock a sub (that's getting off an old *** money saving plan) and locked in for another 2 yrs...

Mail In Rebates, also another counter intuitive move, imho... I sort of understand with computer parts companies as they farm out the MIR programs to a third-party rebate handler..and bank on the fact people don't comply with terms or even bother.

Atlienzz

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it stinks doesn't it? I think as much as we pay per month these phones should be even more subsidized than they are. But such is life...

Get an extra job for a month or two and you can get it sooner!

McParty

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
No Contract, where should I go & what phone??

I am a Free Agent!! I can't decide if I want to stay with T-mobile or go with Sprint or Verizon. All these Samsung Phones make it pretty even. The screens on these Samsungs look greeat!! Have there been any reception complaints with these phones aka iphone "don't hold it that way" LOL. I guess I need to compare plans. The G2 doesn't look bad and I've been waiting forever to find out more about Project Emerald.
My son has Sprint and seems happy and their plans look less expensive than Verizon.
I was thinking about getting 2 Samsungs, one for me and one for the wife. decisions, decisions!!
I will be making an Epic choice here very soon!

Jim McP, Tulsa

krazyfiend

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it stinks doesn't it? I think as much as we pay per month these phones should be even more subsidized than they are. But such is life...

Get an extra job for a month or two and you can get it sooner!

extra job ...haha, busy & fortunate enough w/ the one I have now.

I could go buy it outright currently, but it'd gripe me to know I only had a month to get the subsidized cost at 250$ , considering I have to sign into an everything plan regardless (that will put me into Premier status) w/ the ability to get a new subsidized phone in a year. Epic 2 ? lol

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
My wife wants one really badly but she's not eligible for upgrade until APRIL. I'm a Sprint Premier customer and get an upgrade every year but it's only on the main line... :(

I'm definitely going to have to drop by the Sprint Store and play with one to see if it's really all that it's cracked up to be though. If there's nothing better by April I'll pick one up for her.

durhamite

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Same here, I got the HERO on release day last year. I am a Premier customer so I can upgrade in a month. The suspense is killing me. On the brighter side, by then all the reviews should be out, cooked ROMS and root methods will be released. The negative is there may not be any in stock.. like the EVO.

funeralplanner

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Well I can't upgrade until 9/18..... Can I just add a new line and then on the 18th, take the phone back and upgrade my account? Seems like a lot of extra work for sprint and it would be easier for them to just let us upgrade early. I should state that the 18th of Sept is the early upgrade date, so my orig date is 10/18

elguapo76

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I keep hearing different things on Sprint letting you upgrade early. I'm coming from a Hero and my upgrade date is Oct. 11, would be great to be able to get it on Sept 11. Been with Sprint for 11 years now so hopefully that will matter to them.