Sprint fail yet again.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Due to the limited phones they sent out the place we had ours reserved today screwed us. We had 4 reserved and they could only give us 1 as they changed their policy yesterday on high profile phones. They basically will only sell the epic to people with 2 year upgrades and new contracts. So the list we have been on since july meant nothing and we went to a local radio shack and got the phones. My mom, being the selfless mother she is, gave me the first epic. But man that ride to radio shack I REALLY felt like poo. So to sprint heres a big FU, to the store FU for screwing my mom ROYALLY. To radio shack: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for helping my family out you will now be our provider of cell phones and such.

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Ha.. why woudl your mom be so caught up with this phone?

So the gauge of a good parent now is to sacrifice the change of owning a new phone on release day and giving it to your child? LOL

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
No. My mom bought an evo to replace her broken palm 755p and an evo for my brother for his birthday. Within the 30 day period they returned them but the store screwed something up and they lost their upgrades. The store changed their policy last minute and screwed us again and the phones we had reserved got taken from us.

As for the 'gauging' comment that was uncalled for. I was merely stating how I was happy that she gave up her chance at a new phone when she usually waits years while I wait A year or less. Sure its a superficial sacrifice but just one of many actual sacrifices she has made and it warmed my heart so thanks for ruining it for me.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Not the case in my neck of the woods.

My wife has no upgrade available and I liked mine so much (received this morning) that my wife went down and bought herself one.

LonghornTreo

May 14, 2010
Visit site
This sounds like just greedy salesperson, who will make more commission opening a new line of service with those other three phones. I wouldn't condemn Sprint as a whole, especially if its not a corporate store.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it was an independant store. The reason why Im mad at sprint is that they never seem to have enough phones when a premium phone releases. Im getting quite sick of that.

Malefickus

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I just purchased mine off contract, and didn't have any issues. The only catch with these Epics right now, officially from Sprint, is it has to leave the store activated. There are no requirements of if it must be on an upgrade or not.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Well....you play with an independent store rather than a corporate store and you're certainly not getting Sprints best attention.

From what I've seen over the years with Sprint, independents don't get anywhere near the support Corporate stores do.