So How Long Till Someone Makes This Touchstone Compatible?

OldSkoolVWLover

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
So with all the Sprint users that I am sure that will be dropping their Pre for an Epic (if they haven't already dropped their Pre for the EVO), how long do you think it will take before the first Touchstone mod is done?

I would guess we will see it by Tuesday September 5th..... any other thoughts?

rinkeedink

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Please, some genius out there...do this!! The usb port location on the top of Epic is disappointing choice if you don't buy a car dock. I have a touchstone in my car, and would love to have the EPIC upright facing me without a charging cable marring the looks of things by sprouting out the top of the Epic.

drinkwd40

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
the best resource for 'touchstoning' a phone

How to mod HTC EVO 4G to work with Palm Touchstone wireless charger
it's built for an evo, but all you'd have to do for the epic is ensure the power requirements are the same, then use a multimeter that they talk about on the forum and figure out which contact is +/-. I got a touchstone back from radioshack for a Pixi that was $8 on clearance. I also got a few touchstones off amazon that had the charger/cord/dock/pre back all included for less than $30. That way you can keep your existing pre and not worry about messing it up for future use or sale. Your phone will stick a whole lot better to the magnets (important in a car) if you glue the thin metal discs to the outer surface of the phone.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34