newegg pre-orders wtf?

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
What is the deal with newegg pre-orders? The status of my order still has not changed... Anyone else in the same boat? Talking to their damn off-shore customer care personnel is bsically useless..

duallydave

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got my shipping email from newegg also:
Great News! Your new Sprint Samsung Epic 4G has completed processing and is ready to ship. As soon as it passes our Quality Assurance team, we will update our Customer Support website and send you another email so you can track your package directly on the shipper's site.

They wanted to sell me accessories and a protection plan when I ordered the phones, I bought a car charger.

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Did your Order status go from Processing -> Approved -> Processing ?

Mine did.. it's now sitting on Processing again, saying it's being sent to Sprint for approval

duallydave

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
My approval happened the same day I ordered, it now went from awaiting inventory to processing to shipping. I did have to send them the correct PIN for my Sprint account as I had given them the wrong one when ordering.

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
mine is arriving Thursday as well..

Now here's hoping that there is no issue with it.. Otherwise, exchanging would be a PIA over mail..

duallydave

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Sindhu : Unfortunately there is no reason specified on why the order was not shipped today. However the last shipment leaves by 7 p.m.e.s.t. which has already lapsed now. Hence the order would ship tomorrow.

thanks simplexity ---

The preorders started on the 20th I think, I ordered the next morning, I should have been close enough to front of line to get itshipped today. It's been saying shipped since this morning.

not sure I will get any more phones from newegg

Last edited:

duallydave

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I did get my phones on Thursday, they were supposed to auto-activate but I had to call Sprint to do that. The phones were in new condition and they work fine, so all's well that ends well. I may just wait for the rebate next time, I like getting it all done at once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech