Dust under the screen

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If this kind of thing doesn't bother you - don't read this thread.

If it does: wipe the screen clean, in the store, and inspect for dust. The first one they handed me had 2 dust specs. The second did not. Don't wait until you get home to find this out.

Just a tip.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The guy that sold it to me was really cool about it, saying that he would have done the same thing. You're probably fine. I just have that kind of luck.

redigits

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
It also could be evidence that it was used and taken back, depending on the store's policies. I know Best Buy does NOT resell phones that were returned, but you never know... I'm pretty fastidious about my devices, so dust under the screen right from the get-go would be very irritating.

TheMobileWorx

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow, this is the first I have seen of this. And we all thought HTC was the only manufacturer to do this! Very curious to see if others find dust under their screens.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, just checked mine with hear racing (not really), and I didn't find anything, although it looks like some dust got in between the gap in the phone, but that shouldn't be a problem.

facedown41

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
my girlfriend didn't have this problem with her epic...i mean after all it is epic right? although i do remember a friend of mine having to return his droid because of some dust under it. they were quite rude about it until he continued to rant to them.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, just checked mine with hear racing (not really), and I didn't find anything, although it looks like some dust got in between the gap in the phone, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Lol, well that's good.

I almost didn't post about it, but I figured if people were going to be at the store, they might as well take an extra look before they left. I've had dust issues with phone's in the past, and unfortunately I didn't find out until I got home a lot of times.