led notification colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2010
Visit site
Idk if this has been posted already but the notificationlight is not only red. If you're charging your phone once its fully charges it changes to blue. I also noticed that while the phone was still plugged in but fully charge with the blue light, everytime I got a notification it would flash a light purple.
So to recount:
Red
Blue
Purple
:)

Last edited:

dvdqnoc

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm really digging the non-green/orange vibe from the new Samsung lines. I have the Hero right now, and it (along with all other HTC Sense devices) have green everything, including LED notification flashing and app highlights. I really like how the Epic is blue when highlighting apps, and also the blue LED.

smashclash

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
is there anyway to adjust the notification light based on the notification? that is, if someone sends me a text it blinks green, if it's an email it blinks red, etc. or perhaps multiple blinks on longer light blinks for the different notifications?

one nice thing about my pre was that if someone sent me a text is was a long slow flash of the LED but if it was anything else (missed call, email, etc.) it would blink shorter lengths and more rapid.

aboveaverage12

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried the app Blink with this phone? Coming from the BlackBerry and BerryBuzz I'd really like to have a visual notification of things that have arrived on my phone

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
is there anyway to adjust the notification light based on the notification? that is, if someone sends me a text it blinks green, if it's an email it blinks red, etc. or perhaps multiple blinks on longer light blinks for the different notifications?

one nice thing about my pre was that if someone sent me a text is was a long slow flash of the LED but if it was anything else (missed call, email, etc.) it would blink shorter lengths and more rapid.

I agree with you on both counts... I would love it if I could get different colors for different types of notifications, and I really liked the Pre's different LED flash types for the different notifications...

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
built in, there's only to use it or to turn it off (THANK YOU SAMSUNG!) for those of us that hate this.

I do wish for those of you that like this - there was a few settings, but from what I see- it's just on or off.

jrmitchell72

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you on both counts... I would love it if I could get different colors for different types of notifications, and I really liked the Pre's different LED flash types for the different notifications...

I think you can. I am using Handcent and I can choose between blue, green, red, orange, magenta, cyan and custom. I can also change the LED flash frequency.

steveholtam

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Even though Handcent has those options, have you tried each color out to see if the phone can do them? My phone has the same Handcent options, but I don't have blue. If someone could check that would be awesome.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I think you can. I am using Handcent and I can choose between blue, green, red, orange, magenta, cyan and custom. I can also change the LED flash frequency.

Do you mean Handcent SMS? Does it work well? A lot of the comments mention freeze-ups and crashes.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I have handsent and I haven't had any issues with crashing or hang ups. I like it a lot.

That said, despite having the options for multiple led notification colors, I haven't been able to get it to utilize any colors other than red. Is it possible to change that? Because I'd love to know ...blue led notifications on texts would be great

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

smashclash

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded Handcent and going to give it a shot. But it doesn't look like it does everything I'm looking for.

-I want the notification light to blink a different color for every type of notification (if possible). So if it's a text it blinks red, missed call blinks green, email blinks blue, etc. If that's not possible how about a long blink for a text, 2 quick blinks for missed call, 3 quick blinks for email, etc.
-Also would like the LED indicator to blink when the phone is charging. Right now the light stays red and turns blue when it's finished charging. The charging of the light overrides the notification LED which I do not like. I'd like it to blink when a notification comes in.

There are SO many apps with android compared to webOS it's hard to sift through the garbage and what's quality. Seems like Palm has a better approval process to keep quality control high.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded Handcent and going to give it a shot. But it doesn't look like it does everything I'm looking for.

-I want the notification light to blink a different color for every type of notification (if possible). So if it's a text it blinks red, missed call blinks green, email blinks blue, etc. If that's not possible how about a long blink for a text, 2 quick blinks for missed call, 3 quick blinks for email, etc.
-Also would like the LED indicator to blink when the phone is charging. Right now the light stays red and turns blue when it's finished charging. The charging of the light overrides the notification LED which I do not like. I'd like it to blink when a notification comes in.

There are SO many apps with android compared to webOS it's hard to sift through the garbage and what's quality. Seems like Palm has a better approval process to keep quality control high.

Plus the patches (and community that developed / brought them to us) were AWESOME on the Pre! Weird having to go through multiple bandaids to fix / add to the experience of the phone, but hey, they worked!

steveholtam

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Handcent for a few weeks and love it. It does allow you to setup unique notifications per contact, and also allows you to customize sms views per contact.

For example, for my incoming Twitter messages, it have it set with a smaller font, no contact photo, and just a single vibrate, since I get so many messages. Being able to customize the look and feel per contact is a great feature. The LED options are also in there as well.

jrmitchell72

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I have handsent and I haven't had any issues with crashing or hang ups. I like it a lot.

That said, despite having the options for multiple led notification colors, I haven't been able to get it to utilize any colors other than red. Is it possible to change that? Because I'd love to know ...blue led notifications on texts would be great

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

You know, I haven't even looked at the LED to see if it is the right color.

I just tried it and it looks like the options are there, but do not work. I still have only the red LED. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad