Question about 30-day return of EVO for Epic

kenjancef

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok, here's the question:

I finally get my EVO replaced on August 18th, due to screen issues and such, and I was wondering, if I REALLY like the Epic, could I convince a Sprint rep that I could return my EVO because I am within the 30-day return policy of THIS phone, and I could swap with the Epic???

Anyone think I could do it? Does the 30-day return count for a replacement? I got it replaced for a brand-new EVO at Radio Shack, so it wasn't really through Sprint at all.

Thanks!!

Ken

dvdqnoc

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure its 30-days from the ORIGINAL Evo. Because the 30-day is a return policy, not a warranty. If you RETURNED your Evo for a DIFFERENT phone, then you newly purchased the new phone, and your 30 day starts for that (I believe). But if you got a replacement, it is a warranty matter, and the date of the originally purchased device is what matters.

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure, just what I think... I would call Sprint to make sure though.

ShaLea

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure its 30-days from the ORIGINAL Evo. Because the 30-day is a return policy, not a warranty. If you RETURNED your Evo for a DIFFERENT phone, then you newly purchased the new phone, and your 30 day starts for that (I believe). But if you got a replacement, it is a warranty matter, and the date of the originally purchased device is what matters.

EDIT: I'm not 100% sure, just what I think... I would call Sprint to make sure though.

+1
It's 30 days from the date of "purchase" not replacement. Even if you order via phone or online, it's 30 days from the date that they/you process your order, not from the date that you receive and activate the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12