I am loving this phone. So long, Palm...It has been a great 13 years.
    08-31-2010 01:32 PM
    I'm assuming you've had different phone's made by Palm in the last 13 years? Or are you saying you had the exact same device for the past 13 years... because that would be borderline crazy
    08-31-2010 01:34 PM
    Oh man, because of the *'s, I thought you were saying that the phone is bad. Derrrp
    08-31-2010 01:35 PM
    Thats what I said to palm when I went to the moment a few days ago and now with the epic I have pretty much forgotten about palm.
    08-31-2010 01:40 PM
    My gf loves my new Epic... First thing she said, as was with me, was "Wow, that thing is big"
    08-31-2010 01:42 PM
    My gf loves my new Epic... First thing she said, as was with me, was "Wow, that thing is big"
    That's what she said.

Anyways...what do you think of the keyboard in comparison to some of the Palm keyboards?
    08-31-2010 01:50 PM
    I have had all sorts of Palm devices over the years.

This phone truly is Epic...I LOVE the keyboard...it is very nice and roomy, and the chicklet keys are my favorite type, whether on a phone or a laptop. And I have to say, the onscreen keyboard isn't bad with the haptic feedback!

Android is great (can't wait for 2.2), and it is SO nice to have such a responsive device. WebOS is great, but Samsung has hit a home run with this phone!

By the way, on the bottom buttons (home, back, etc.) it really does work better if you sort of swipe the keys instead of press. That has been the only thing that I have had to get used to. I installed Launcher Pro and Beautiful widgets so far. My only gripe is that I can't rearrange the order of the dock icons in Launcher Pro, and I can't seem to find a feature list for Launcher Pro Plus to see if that feature is added.

HP had better come out with some killer hardware and upgraded webOS if they expect to compete with Samsung.
    08-31-2010 02:17 PM
    I installed Launcher Pro and Beautiful widgets so far. My only gripe is that I can't rearrange the order of the dock icons in Launcher Pro, and I can't seem to find a feature list for Launcher Pro Plus to see if that feature is added.
    You can't just drag/drop them, but you can change them. Just do a long press on an icon to change it. Also, if you didn't know there are more than 5 icons on the dock, it scrolls from left to right etc.
    08-31-2010 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD