Wifi Hotspot

Cel

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Does everyone's wifi hotspot work without paying? Mine seems to be, haven't actually tested it but it turned on just fine. I'm only in 3g and I'd heard about the bug where it worked in 3g and not 4g without paying. Just wondering...

Is there another way to get it working paying... Does PDAnet work? Any other good apps for the job? As long as this seems to work for free in 3g, I guess I don't need another solution. Will test... :p

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
PDAnet works, I can confirm that. Don't want to risk seeing a $30 bill for the hotspot. I'll just wait until the developer of the wifi hotspot makes it compatible for this phone.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Glad you posted this. Mine is working (3G) and I don't have the plan add-on. Didn't test it because I didn't want to get charged. That would be nice if this was a free feature ... I know, I know, but it's just a little wishful thinking

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
hmm...

To test or not to test...

I really don't want to be charged 30 bucks. It is outrageous. IMO, the "premium data" add on should include 2GB of tethering for free. I'd be totally fine with that. Charge $30 for unlimited if you want to, but most of us just need it for a little bit of light browsing here and there.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
ON my Evo I pay for the $30 hotspot feature. It's my only source of internet from my house. I play my ps3 online with no lag or problems with a 1.1 mbs 3g signal and stream netflix movies, no HD tho but they look good still. When I'm out I use 4g and get about 10mbs and tether my ps3 out at events and let friends see how great Sprints 4g service is. It's worth it to me to pay, but others have rooted there phones to use it for free. But it works great even on 3g.