Hey guys, this might be a dumb question. I am coming from a Palm Pre, and Im not sure but if epic can do this, but my palm pre can link FB contacts to my google contacts. That way i get their phone number and picture.

I Have a google contacts. I have synced my google contacts and I can see all of them, but i cant manage to get any fb contacts. I have added the fb account, but it says 0 contacts(and I have synced) PS I hope the epic will merge them, as I have already labeled the names in google contact perfectly to match the names in FB contact. I hope you all know what im talking about.

And one more thing, how can i remove a group from my google contacts, so the dont show up in my address book.

Also, is there a good email client? my palm pre email was so simple and easy to use, any like that for the EPIC? The default email on the epic wont even let me zoom in to email....
    08-31-2010 08:43 PM
    having exactly the same problem... sorry i don't have a answer for you
    08-31-2010 08:49 PM
    spoke too soon. go to contacts, menu, accounts, facebook... remove the facebook account. then add an account and make sure you use the one on top that says contact sync. that should do it.
    djhspawn likes this.
    08-31-2010 08:53 PM
    spoke too soon. go to contacts, menu, accounts, facebook... remove the facebook account. then add an account and make sure you use the one on top that says contact sync. that should do it.
    Worked for me. Thanks for the info.
    08-31-2010 10:02 PM
    Another Pre convert here... How about pictures on the contacts, was very cool how FB on the Pre added pic's to everyone! Any ideas?
    08-31-2010 10:06 PM
    Another Pre convert here... How about pictures on the contacts, was very cool how FB on the Pre added pic's to everyone! Any ideas?
    It works! You may have to link a couple contacts but for the most part the Contacts FB thumbnail shows on their card.
    mbowe likes this.
    08-31-2010 10:10 PM
    Works for me. I had to re-sync in order to get it to work though
    mbowe likes this.
    08-31-2010 10:16 PM
    Just figured it out. After you add the Facebook and sync you still have to go back into menu settings and click on get contacts. There you can select all or specific Facebook contacts to get.
    mbowe likes this.
    08-31-2010 10:24 PM
    I removed the FB account and then added via the 'contacts' menu rather then the 'feed and updates' menu I used the first round. It had an additional item, 'friends', that could be sync'd and that brought the pics over as expected. Thanks to all for your help everyone.
    08-31-2010 10:35 PM
    Hey... first time Android owner with the Epic! Forgive my noob questions please

Is there any way to get it to sync only the contacts that are on your phone with their respective Facebook counterparts?

How do you get it to display the Facebook picture instead of the Google picture?
    09-01-2010 03:38 PM
    Syncing Facebook seems to be all of them or none of them. I'd like for it to only sync with what's in my phonebook. Is this possible without having to select them manually?
    09-01-2010 09:51 PM
    Syncing Facebook seems to be all of them or none of them. I'd like for it to only sync with what's in my phonebook. Is this possible without having to select them manually?
    No, i will sync all or you can select just the ones you want to sync. When in Contacts, hit menu button and get friends. Then click on facebook account. You can then select which ones it will sync to the phone.
    09-02-2010 07:41 AM
    No, i will sync all or you can select just the ones you want to sync. When in Contacts, hit menu button and get friends. Then click on facebook account. You can then select which ones it will sync to the phone.
    Ok... I'll probably have to just tell it to sync them all then, instead of going thru and checking off a lot of them. That's gonna take forever! If you tell it to hide the Facebook contacts in the contact list, does it still allow you to link them?
    09-02-2010 12:03 PM
    Ok... I'll probably have to just tell it to sync them all then, instead of going thru and checking off a lot of them. That's gonna take forever! If you tell it to hide the Facebook contacts in the contact list, does it still allow you to link them?
    Not sure exactly what you mean. If you link a contact then they only show up once in the list with all information combined.
    09-08-2010 10:53 AM
    I figured out the issue. My question was that I wanted the phone to link my existing contacts with my Facebook contacts, but I didn't want to go through and select which contacts I wanted it to link since there are hundreds. I thought there was a way to tell it to only check on Facebook for the ones that are in my phonebook already but there doesn't appear to be, so I told it to sync all Facebook contacts so that it could then link whichever ones it finds.
    09-08-2010 11:03 AM
    One thing I liked on the pre vs. epic, is it synced my FB profile to my own contact. It would show that pic when calling voicemail. Also liked it, because I had my other office number as a separate ring tone and my FB pic would show up so I knew it was important. Totally new to android here. Any ideas?
    Thank you!
    09-08-2010 06:23 PM
    another thing I am noticing, is the contact photo looks like crap when someone calls in, even with their FB pic. It's small and grainy. On the pre, the picture took up a majority of the screen and looked good. Is there a way to adjust that? Thanks again!
    09-08-2010 06:46 PM
    another thing I am noticing, is the contact photo looks like crap when someone calls in, even with their FB pic. It's small and grainy. On the pre, the picture took up a majority of the screen and looked good. Is there a way to adjust that? Thanks again!
    I'm having the same problem. Pics come in blurry and grainy. Anyone have a work around, it looks so bad on such a nice screen when I try and call someone.
    09-08-2010 07:18 PM
    That's disappointing to hear
    09-08-2010 07:47 PM
    I am seriously considering going back to my pre. Maybe they will put out a fix with new froyo. Who knows. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. Thanks for the replies!
    09-08-2010 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD