how long has your battery lasted F-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
i currently own a evo and its battery life is horrendous 6.5 hours tops(heavy use). Im considering switching to the epic just wondering if battery life is any better on the epic. :confused:

You either have a rogue app or your never put your phone down to only get 6.5 hrs.

snap20100831_123700.png

snap20100830_121928.png

snap20100902_012647.png

I wouldn't say it's horrendous at all..

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
You either have a rogue app or your never put your phone down to only get 6.5 hrs.

snap20100831_123700.png

snap20100830_121928.png

snap20100902_012647.png

I wouldn't say it's horrendous at all..

With display numbers that low, it is obvious tha you never turn your phone on.

What's the point of a 4.3" display if you are always afraid of usng it?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site

LOL are you serious? The display % is so low because the brightness isn't all the way the hell up. Also the timeout is set to 15 seconds. Also it doesn't have a screen that takes ****loads of power. That % isn't a % of how long it's been on, it's a % of how much battery power it's taken...
Afraid to use the phone? The one that showed 17hrs with 10% left, I got to 18 1/2 hrs. The Up time was 18 1/2 hrs with awake time of 6 hrs. 6 hrs of using a phone in one day is hardly "being afraid" of using the phone... Even on days where I would get 8 or so hrs, the display % was NEVER more than 10%. Do yourself a favor, don't pretend to know what you're talking about ;)

hybrid85

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
i got 14 + hours yesterday. my voice calls was at 42%. i played around with it in the morning for about an hour then went to work. when i got home my wife and i played with the phone for a couple hours, downloading apps, playing games, and just checking out the phone in general. i gotta say, i'm impressed with how long the phone lasted. this was on a full charge.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Been having battery issues....charged to 100% overnight. Took it off the charger this morning, got ready for my workout and 10 minutes later without touching the phone it was already down to 94%. Took it to the gym and listened to pandora for 1 hour 15 minutes. The battery was down to 65% exactly 2 hours after unplug. No calls, no surfing(other than pandora), no gps.

Taking the phone back to BB today to swap out for another.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I am having a similar issue to madlaw1071.

I'll give it a week tho. I have the spare battery / charger.

Keith, I noticed one other thing too..my signal strength indicator goes up and down constantly like a tachometer. I called sprint and gave my zip for home and office and they said signal strength is good at both places and there should be no reason for the meter to fluctuate so much. Thus, they suggested a complete phone swap instead of just a new battery.

jrmitchell72

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
My problem seems to be the Geico app. It is using 39% of my battery! I opened it once on Tuesday and I can't even force stop it. Looks like it is going in the trash.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Keith, I noticed one other thing too..my signal strength indicator goes up and down constantly like a tachometer. I called sprint and gave my zip for home and office and they said signal strength is good at both places and there should be no reason for the meter to fluctuate so much. Thus, they suggested a complete phone swap instead of just a new battery.

I'll have to take note from now on... thanks for the heads up.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Been having battery issues....charged to 100% overnight. Took it off the charger this morning, got ready for my workout and 10 minutes later without touching the phone it was already down to 94%. Took it to the gym and listened to pandora for 1 hour 15 minutes. The battery was down to 65% exactly 2 hours after unplug. No calls, no surfing(other than pandora), no gps.

Taking the phone back to BB today to swap out for another.

Pandora drains the battery pretty quick, especially if you have a weak signal.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site

Mine does that too.my intercept did not have this problem at this address.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Pandora drains the battery pretty quick, especially if you have a weak signal.

True, but my iPhone 3Gs would only lose about 15% for the same exact time and usage and it was not exactly known for battery conservation.

criffaaa1

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

Thanx to alls first.
Exactly, as I stated originally I'm a heavy user ,btooth,tether,phone,net,email,box,fb,ect... I also disable apps when not in use. I got 9.5 hrs. Yesterday whoop,whoop. I power cycled the batt.,completely dead to full twice.

Last edited:

njfoses

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I am having a similar issue to madlaw1071.

I'll give it a week tho. I have the spare battery / charger.

Same issue with my wife's epic. Unplugged 7am today with full charge and now at 1:45 pm phone is at 35% with a few txt messages and some face book. There are no updating widgets, brightness is low etc. I have an evo so i know the ropes on battery tricks. Giving it another couple days before i exchange.

frankos72

Jun 20, 2010
www.pigstands.com
Had the evo for 25 days and a Pre for over a year. So far this phone is better than the evo and maybe better than the Pre. Of course, I'm using it so much right now that I can't be 100% sure. But my guess is once I get it all setup where I want it as far as programs update frequencies etc... I bet it will be at least as good as the Pre and Probably better.

My pre did really well until I got a BT headset. Then I couldn't get through a day without a charge. I'm thinking this Epic will do a day full of Lots of calls on BT, Some SMS, Lots of Email, 30-45 minutes of games/web browsing on one charge. Of course, only time will tell.

I think the little battery ICON at the top might not be correct. I downloaded a battery widget and when the widget says something like say 45%, the battery icon looks like it's easily more than 1/2 full.

Oh, one other thing, it seems to charge REALLY slow. I've only managed to get it full when leaving it on the charger overnight.

FaerieInk

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I fully charged my Epic on Tuesday night and it made it from 8am to 8pm yesterday before it completely drained. This was with wi-fi on about half that time and 5 minute polling of 3 email accounts. Plus, it was my first full day having it so it was tinkered with a lot by myself and coworkers.

edited to add that this is on 3G. No 4G here yet.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Same issue with my wife's epic. Unplugged 7am today with full charge and now at 1:45 pm phone is at 35% with a few txt messages and some face book. There are no updating widgets, brightness is low etc. I have an evo so i know the ropes on battery tricks. Giving it another couple days before i exchange.

I just swapped out the whole phone at BB. The new one is on the charger. Will update ASAP.

symplistik

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
My battery isn't doing very well at all.

A minute after taking it off of the charger from being 100% charged, it goes down to like 96% without any usage. I remember this being a problem with my Evo as well. It got a little better over time but I still don't understand why it trickles down after having a full battery. My screen is at the lowest setting, I have nothing running in the background, no widgets (except for a clock), and still ... i'm losing battery life like crazy. :confused:

I got this phone at Radio Shack and i'm thinking about making an exchange but I don't want to exchange it and then have to worry about problems that i'm not currently experiencing. Such as other people having problems with the computer recognizing it, or the buttons not working properly, etc. I guess i'll give it a couple more days and see how it does.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
My battery isn't doing very well at all.

A minute after taking it off of the charger from being 100% charged, it goes down to like 96% without any usage. I remember this being a problem with my Evo as well. It got a little better over time but I still don't understand why it trickles down after having a full battery. My screen is at the lowest setting, I have nothing running in the background, no widgets (except for a clock), and still ... i'm losing battery life like crazy. :confused:

I got this phone at Radio Shack and i'm thinking about making an exchange but I don't want to exchange it and then have to worry about problems that i'm not currently experiencing. Such as other people having problems with the computer recognizing it, or the buttons not working properly, etc. I guess i'll give it a couple more days and see how it does.

I decided to return it. The phone was unusable with only getting 4 hours per charge. Hopefully none of the other issues will pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.