Low battery = limited functionality. Anyway to disable?

eerongal

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So yesterday i was using my phone to record some fairly important video and take some pics. I needed maybe 5 more minutes of video recording, but then i hit the 20% mark or so, and it forcibly stopped me from being able to record video.

Is there any way to remove these "limited functionality" caps when running on low battery power? I wouldn't have cared if i ran my battery down to empty if it meant i got the video i needed.

dvdqnoc

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
I have heard about this rather "interesting" feature on some video reviews I saw on YouTube. Quite frankly, I think it's terrible and I hope someone finds a way to disable it (or the option comes in a future update). Who are they to tell us how we must use our phones, which we pay a good amount of money for? If we want to use the camera till the battery dies, we should be able to.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

bjs188

May 29, 2010
Visit site
@Paul627g, what's your current favorite ROM for Epic 4G touch. Used ACE before. I wanna try and breathe new life into it before I upgrade to SGS2E4GT or switch to vzw for Galaxy Nexus

m_usman_ch

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree, but the issue with new ROMs is factor of risk, even if they state that there is no risk, there still maybe a 10% chance of bricking your device. So either apps like Low Battery Cam or others can be helpful.

This currently works for camera only but the dev states if they get enough response out of it they will expand it into playback and video.

Another option, I know... Here we go... Root your device...

Most of the ROMs today, namely SRF and Bonsai ROMs I know for certain have the 20% cut off removed on Camera/Video Playback & Video Recorder.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463