battery health and heat

schnellmedic

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
battery health and 45?C/113?F heat

The manager at Radio Shack decided to do a little "bump" charge on his rigged up 5v cigarette lighter during my initial provisioning. Shortly thereafter (3 hours or so) talking was uncomfortable due to the heat being generated from the back side.

Later in the evening I got around to installing Battery Indicator and during the charging process it's reporting 45?C ! I'm seeing the same temps this morning while talking on the phone. Getting to the point where speakerphone is the only option, it's too hot to handle!

Last edited:

dvdqnoc

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Wow that is indeed very hot. You might consider having the phone exchanged for a new one, this may be a defect with your particular device. 45?C is very high... my HTC hero rarely goes over 40

huhmeister

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you get an indicator that looks like a "yield sign with an exclamation point inside"? When I am charging my phone it often gives me that indicator and the phone gets superheated.

I'm returning mine for another one.

This is what I get for getting the first gen Epic phone. :)

ericdives

Sep 18, 2010
ericdives.com
I had an issue with a live wall paper (the only thing that was different at the time) and a power off/power on resolved the only heat issue I've experienced.

Awakened1

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I have been reaching about 40-43 c while using the web browser or using the maps program but when idle my phone can go down all the way to 17 c. So I'm not quite sure if my phone is sharing the same issue or the epic just gets hot during certain tasks. I haven't experienced that amount of heat during calls though.