Hello all. I'm an android newbie and I love my phone.

It would be helpful if somebody could list the best apps available for the epic on the android marketplace. This could be apps that are essential (in your opinion) to those that are just too cool to pass up.

I think something like this should have been stickied already...
    09-02-2010 02:42 PM
    I did a lot of reasearch prior to getting the Epic imo the following are must haves

Barcode scanner:
    Handcent IM: more functional and better than stock message ap.
    Listen or BeyondPod : Podcast catcher/player
    Mixzing or merdian media player: Stock one is ok but Meridian is much better all in one.
    Ringdroid:
    Shootme:screen shot grabber
    Smart Measure: measure distance, height
    Convert Me: conversion calc.
    Wikitude or google goggles:augmented reality Apps
    Google translate:
    Talk to Me: translator
    terminal emulator

Games;
    Moron test: fun and addictive
    Talking Tom : like iPhones talking Carl

I think the stock task killer/manager is enough but a lot of people recommend advanced task killer
    Atlienzz likes this.
    09-02-2010 03:11 PM
    I would say the number one app you need on your computer and phone is appbrain.com or appbrain in the market for your phone...you must have both and a Gmail account. Appbrain is a full feature android market place allowing to see all apps on your computer and them sending them to your phone without having to look at the little phone catalog...so go check it out and you will find all the apps you need and more. The small list you have is nice but there are so many alternatives that appbrain will show you...it'll show you apps you would have never found on your phone or took forever to find unless recommended. Its hard looking at 100,000 apps on appbrain try that on your phone...you'll be like a kid in a candy store! Ooh and welcome recruits to the Android army.
    09-02-2010 03:29 PM
    I would say the number one app you need on your computer and phone is appbrain.com or appbrain in the market for your phone...you must have both and a Gmail account. Appbrain is a full feature android market place allowing to see all apps on your computer and them sending them to your phone without having to look at the little phone catalog...so go check it out and you will find all the apps you need and more. The small list you have is nice but there are so many alternatives that appbrain will show you...it'll show you apps you would have never found on your phone or took forever to find unless recommended. Its hard looking at 100,000 apps on appbrain try that on your phone...you'll be like a kid in a candy store! Ooh and welcome recruits to the Android army.
    I forgot to put that on my list I have app brain installed and have used it to install all my market apps..
    09-02-2010 03:59 PM
    Please check out the app forum - and its stickies. Most apps are not device specific.
    09-02-2010 04:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD