Antenna - How strong is it?

buzzardjrt

the problem i have with most phones, including my current Pre, is the antenna is not even considered remotely decent. i have no service where a friend next to me using the same phone company will get service. i had to take back the EVO for the same reason, just bad reception. i use my phone for work and go through between 4k and 5k a month easily so reception is a major deal.

so how is it? can you make phone calls, say, in the back or middle of Wal-Mart for example.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Its depends on where you live...I have never any reception problems with any of my Sprint phones including my Evo.

buzzardjrt

i live in DFW, a strong Sprint network. and i understand the part about depending on where you live but as i described i can have someone next to me using the sprint network and theirs will work fine.

i just hate spending this much money to only be in the same ballpark and i really hate returning phones.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I seem to get more bars on my pre than my epic, although the epic never seems to drop signal and the 3G is relatively fast.

I expected it to do a lot better than the pre though, so I'm not sure if there is something wrong with mine or if all of them are like this.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I never had reception issues with my past few smartphones (pre, moment, and epic). Before that I had issues with my PPC6700 and 6800, but those phones were nightmares.

Rockblast

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I am having severe reception issues. I think my Epic is a dud and i'm looking into returning it right now.

In my house:
Pre - Full bars.
Friend's EVO - Full bars.
Epic - blue "No" symbol, or 1 bar on roaming!!! Roaming?!?? wtf.

Sometimes i'll manage to get 1 bar on 3g. Called CS and they had me wipe everything, didn't work. Took it to a physical Sprint store and all they did was call CS who made them do the same thing.

Update: Returning my Epic, getting a new one in the mail - I clearly have a dud b/c I'm not even getting signal inside a sprint store where their demo model has 5 bars. Let you all know if it was a one-off or if i have some undiscovered lead in my body causing the signal loss :p

Last edited:

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have excellent reception with the Epic and also the Evo for that matter, even inside the hospital where I work including the elevators and radiology departments where there is shielding (the signal there is lower but no dropped calls or missed messages).

I guess the only way to answer your question is, get the phone and try it out for yourself, if it doesn't work out you can return it within 30-days, no loss. I guess you had a defective copy of the Evo on your first run around. Good luck.

Ricolando

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Sprint reception has always been mediocre inside my house with my Blackberry Tour, and now my Epic. I was hoping for a difference, but it's just one of those areas. In any case it's comparable to my Tour so not bad IMHO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21