I got my phones from Newegg yesterday, they have not been activated yet. Has anyone else that got a phone from Newegg had it activated yet? I can use it on wifi and it works well that way for data and browsing, I even synched my contacts from gmail, but I'm getting a little impatient waiting for the activation to finally happen.
    09-03-2010 10:44 AM
    u have to call sprint customer service
    duallydave likes this.
    09-03-2010 10:46 AM
    Actually they said not to call sprint, it is supposed to happen automagically. Fedex advises them of delivery and they make it happen. The question is how long until that happens.
    09-03-2010 10:59 AM
    they're idiots.

sprint guy says the auto activation only works for brand new customers and even that doesn't work too well.

I believe the phone give you the option of calling customer service if the auto thing doesn't work.

there's a special 888 number for activation, don't remember what it is... but once you call customer service, the recorded message will tell you waht # to call. once you get the #, you should call from a different line. Turn off both the current and new phones.
    09-03-2010 11:04 AM
    I'm on the same boat. Its because I ported my number from AT&T. They have to schedule an activation and it will be done on Sunday for me.

thank god for wifi
    09-03-2010 11:22 AM
    they're idiots.

sprint guy says the auto activation only works for brand new customers and even that doesn't work too well.

I believe the phone give you the option of calling customer service if the auto thing doesn't work.

there's a special 888 number for activation, don't remember what it is... but once you call customer service, the recorded message will tell you waht # to call. once you get the #, you should call from a different line. Turn off both the current and new phones.
    I finally called in, and sure enough it was activated in three minutes. The paperwork that comes with the phone says it is supposed to happen as soon as you turn it on the first time - fail.
    09-03-2010 05:21 PM
    I finally called in, and sure enough it was activated in three minutes. The paperwork that comes with the phone says it is supposed to happen as soon as you turn it on the first time - fail.
    LIke I said thoes guys are idiots. Either newegg or sprint... can't be this hard to get that significant detail correct.
    09-03-2010 05:26 PM
    If you register for My Sprint you don't have to call customer service anymore for this, you just enter the new phone's ESN number on the activation screen and it will activate your phone. Quick and easy.
    09-03-2010 08:19 PM
    I'm on the same boat. Its because I ported my number from AT&T. They have to schedule an activation and it will be done on Sunday for me.
    Just call Sprint and they'll activate it. AT&T will port the number within a few hours. AT&T is usually one of the slowest to do a port, but you'll be good within a few hours tops.

Just be sure and know your account and any passwords/pin that are linked to the account at ATT.
    09-03-2010 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD