Default email account

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Currently, I have one email account (not Gmail) setup on the Email App. Then I have 2 Gmail accounts setup in the Gmail app. When I take a picture and want to share the picture via email, it always defaults to the non-Gmail account.

I've found out that within the Email app, that account is being marked as the default email account. My question is: Why is there no way to set the Gmail account up as the default account? What I've had to do to workaround the issue is to add in my Gmail account to the Email app and then turned off the automatic fetching of emails. This seems like a hassle. Is there a better way rather than having my Gmail account in both the Gmail app and the Email app?

Thanks in advance.

LurkMoar

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
when i take a picture then hit share from the camera or gallery app it brings up a big list of email, facebook, gmail, goggles, twitter, etc...

i don't see how to make any of them a default action.

also when going into contacts and trying to email from there it pops up the option gmail or email app with a check at the bottom to make that action the default. does it not do that for you?

waytoocrazy

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Go to the Email app, go to the 'combined inbox' or summary of list of accounts. Tap and hold on the account you want. Go to Account Settings and then check the 'default account' option.

ywells

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I'm having the same problem.
I have 2 gmail addresses. I access one using the gmail application. I access the other using the phone's email application. Pictures are always sent using the "email application" and for me, that is the wrong email address from which to send photos.

Anyone know of a way to select an email address that is associated with the Gmail application?

Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith