Wireless N on the Epic

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Here is a comparison I did between the Hero and Epic on my router. I wanted to see the connection speed of the wireless N card on the Epic. Its the same as the other Galaxy S phones and connects at 65Mbps. Its not full N, (not even close, technically, MIMO G is higher at 110Mbps). Much better than the Hero though. As you can see, its right next to the router (100% signal strength) and yet is only currently pulling 12Mbps. It was up to full G at one point, but it just isn't as consistent. The wireless card on the Hero was pretty much useless, didn't connect outside of the room. Good to see the Wireless N on this device working fine. If you are having connection problems with your Wireless router, check to see if its broadcasting in dual-band or 5Mhz (notice its only 2.4Mhz).

Anyway, this post is useless without pics, so... HERE YOU GO :)
Screenshot2010-09-04at42217AM.png

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I only have an "old" g/wifi at home, and my Epic still browses pretty fast on it, almost as fast as my Evo and faster than all other wifi enabled phones in my household.

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It should pick it up automatically unless your router is broadcasting N in the 5ghz frequency, which the Epic does not support.

Ouchhh!! I am going to buy a dual band router soon and was thinking of letting my epic fly on its 5GHz band, but poor epic will have to run on 2.4GHz alone :eek:. But I would still take "running" epic instead of "walking" g-only-phones anyday :p.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iseeyouo-o