Can't access a lot of web sites

flynlow

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Not able to access a lot of web sites. Gas buddy, speak easy speed test, speed test net etc. Haven't tried on wifi but I know I can't on 4G. I don't think it's a flash issue, I could access them on my EVO when it was running 2.1. Someone in another thread mentioned that they can't get iheart radio, that it isn't compatible with the Epic. I don't understand that. Isn't it OS specific? How can a certain model/brand of a phone not be compatible with certain web sites, isn't that determined by the OS?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it has something to do with the version of Flash Lite that we have. I could get Gas Buddy to work, but not speed test sites.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I am still on the fence with the Epic, I have noticed a number of failures in connection to the market and web, plus network timeout issues while browsing on 3G or wifi. I am running a side by side comparison with my Evo here, the latter has no problems at all loading all sort of websites and where the market does not load on the Epic, is up an running on the Evo just an inch away.

Both phones have identical apps set installed, of course the Evo is on Froyo where the Epic is not so there are some Froyo specific adds on the Evo. I have decided to give the Epic it's full 30-day run, if there is no update to address some of the main issues described by the community, I may return it and wait until Samsung addresses those. Despite all this I feel the Epic is a great phone and should only get better with firmware/OS updates hopefully in the near future.

Last edited:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I am still on the fence with the Epic, I have noticed a number of failures in connection to the market and web, plus network timeout issues while browsing on 3G or wifi. I am running a side by side comparison with my Evo here, the latter has no problems at all loading all sort of websites and where the market does not load on the Epic, is up an running on the Evo just an inch away.

Both phones have identical apps set installed, of course the Evo is on Froyo where the Epic is not so there are some Froyo specific adds on the Evo. I have decided to give the Epic it's full 30-day run, if there is no update to address some of the main issues described by the community, I may return it and wait until Samsung addresses those. Despite all this I feel the Epic is a great phone and should only get better with firmware/OS updates hopefully in the near future.

I agree. Personally, I would only return a recently released device if there are hardware issues. Software on new devices are always going to be defective to an extent. But there will be updates that will correct that. I have learned that reason the hard way. I would take phones back repeatedly and even switch to different phones on different carriers because I was unhappy with the software glitches. Almost immediately after I would take a phone back to exchange for another, there would be an update and fix the problems that I had with the device. So I now go into a new device knowing that it will have some issues. I just wait them out until the update comes to fix them.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I agree. Personally, I would only return a recently released device if there are hardware issues. Software on new devices are always going to be defective to an extent. But there will be updates that will correct that. I have learned that reason the hard way. I would take phones back repeatedly and even switch to different phones on different carriers because I was unhappy with the software glitches. Almost immediately after I would take a phone back to exchange for another, there would be an update and fix the problems that I had with the device. So I now go into a new device knowing that it will have some issues. I just wait them out until the update comes to fix them.

After so many years as an early adopter of several smartphones, I have come to realize we are the true beta-testers for the company. Is highly unlikely that a closely monitored group of company testers can put the phone through as much as we do and still maintain complete secrecy.

Also, I have come to the conclusion that said company beta-testers either have the units for a brief time, have limited network testing or plain don't know much about the product they are asked to test. I feel the tester do a good report if the device is capable of minimal performace like making a call and sounding good ~ I know I am exagerating here but this is my way of explaining how some handsets get released with major flaws that get identified by the community on day one!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12