Defective Epic Capcitive Buttons

rldev

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I sometimes have to press it twice. Same with the other buttons. They are definitely not responsive like the EVO.

rldev

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Thought it was just me. I dont like the whole having to press the damn buttons twice or even three times.

Just use your thumbs. I think the problem is that the capacitive sensor is very small as compared to the EVO. So you need to be precise. I started using my thumb and there is no issue, but it is annoying. I can't believe they found that acceptable for a flagship device.

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Just use your thumbs. I think the problem is that the capacitive sensor is very small as compared to the EVO. So you need to be precise. I started using my thumb and there is no issue, but it is annoying. I can't believe they found that acceptable for a flagship device.

Mines seems to doesn't want to respond at all and it is pissing me off

rldev

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I do find the back button to be worse than others. This may be because I use it more than others. It's a problem if you ask me.

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Well fellas I just found out what the hell was hindering my phone and it was none other than my good old Zagg screen protector. That's right! I took the thing off and now my phone works perfectly. This all happened after I went back to Radio Shack and swapped out my Epic for another one. But it seems like the Zagg is not allowing the phone to be as responsive as it should be...

Cel

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I've had no problems at all with my buttons... Except for the fact that it took me a while to figure out they don't respond at all when turned off and I have to hit the side button to turn it on. I assume that's normal... Yes?

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Well fellas I just found out what the hell was hindering my phone and it was none other than my good old Zagg screen protector. That's right! I took the thing off and now my phone works perfectly. This all happened after I went back to Radio Shack and swapped out my Epic for another one. But it seems like the Zagg is not allowing the phone to be as responsive as it should be...

You could use a hole punch to make some holes right where the sensors are. It would still keep your screen protected and give your finger something to feel for when the buttons are not lit up.

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone's "Back" button not that responsive?

Mine work effortlessly which is a relief as some reviewers said they were having trouble.

sent from my Epic through the cosmos

grant3d

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Yours are working effortlessly? Man I guess I need a trip back to the Sprint store then cause mine are frustrating at best. Both the back and menu buttons are pretty terrible. The physical power button isnt so hot either, also requiring multiple presses sometimes. The home and search buttons are "fine". Its honestly my only gripe with the phone :/