Brightness slider

lpsteve72

May 19, 2010
Visit site
if you are going to leave the brightness at zero I believe you also have to uncheck power saving mode as well. This was happening to me and stopped when I unchecked it. You can also go under browser settings and turn the brightness to zero. Let me know if I am correct.

Atlienzz

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Actually if you go to your home screen and swipe horizontally across the top of the screen (right on top of the status bar) the brightness changes. It's built into the phone and I don't know how to turn it off.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Actually if you go to your home screen and swipe horizontally across the top of the screen (right on top of the status bar) the brightness changes. It's built into the phone and I don't know how to turn it off.

This is a very handy feature not available on Sense, I find it quite useful and can't imagine why would you like it off.

Since you asked, go to Settings>Sound & Display>Brightness and check Automatic. This will disable the top bar slider feature for you.

Rderosier86

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
thanx cause i think that is killing my battery, how long is it taking for you to charge your phone? i feel asleep at 4 am and woke up like 8am and was charging my phone (completely dead) through my macbook and it was only 86% charge

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Even when using the wall charger this phone takes much longer to charge that others I have owned. I would advise you against using a computer's USB to recharge the phone as it has lower current output than a wall charger and will results in even longer recharge times.

Regarding the slider, is unlikely this is causing any additional battery drain, is just a shortcut to help you adjust screen brightness. Keep the brightness low and that should do.

frankos72

Jun 20, 2010
www.pigstands.com

AWESOME! now I can uninstall that brightness app I have on the main page of my launcher.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech