Won't let me add Facebook to Acct management or sync contacts

dbohubes

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been searching for a week for a solution to my problem but haven't found anyone with this exact issue. Here goes:

When I try to sync with facebook it tells me I need to login. Every time I try, it just says "Login failed. Try again later."

I've tried it from the "Feeds and updates" widget. I've tried going to contacts>menu>accounts and also contacts>menu>get friends. When I hit add account, FB is listed under both "Integrated contact accounts" and "More accounts." I've tried selecting both of those and I get the same issue. I've also tried it being logged in to FB already. No go. I've basically tried everything I've read on this forum and others about any FB issues and I still get the failed login. Hoping someone else has had this and resolved it or might have some input. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like an issue with your facebook. Make sure you are using the correct login information. Also when you add the new facebook account under accounts, make sure the first two boxes are checked.

At first it will pull in all your contacts. Then in contacts hit menu, then display modes. Uncheck facebook. That way it only shows your phone and google contacts, but pulls in the facebook picture for each contact.

Hope that helps,
Lj

dbohubes

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
FINALLY!!! Figured it out. It was an issue with my Facebook. I had to go in to my application settings and turn on "Platform applications." Once I did that it synced right up. Thanks!

scottkoblitz

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Please help! I'm having the exact same problem by the sounds of things. Everything was working fine till I did flashed it back to stock. Now the facebook app works but when I try to add facebook to feeds it tells me I have to log-in and everytime I do it fails and says to try again later? Wtf!! This is so annoying. Before I couldn't get updated from dg17 to 27 or i07 so I flashed it with some help from a post on here. Now everything else works accept for facebook feeds in the platform news and feeds thing which worked perfectly before. Anyone please help bef ore I return this crap phone! where did you go to change the platform program settings? I can't find that an place? I'm starting to think I don't have that?

chark

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
More help neeeded

FINALLY!!! Figured it out. It was an issue with my Facebook. I had to go in to my application settings and turn on "Platform applications." Once I did that it synced right up. Thanks!

Could not figure out what you are talking about. I see no way to turn on "Platform applications". More help please!

Cecil

jl10

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Could not figure out what you are talking about. I see no way to turn on "Platform applications". More help please!

Cecil

Hey Cecil,

Here's what you have to do to turn on Platform applications:

1) Go to Account -> Privacy Settings.

2) Scroll down until you get to Applications and Websites.

3) Click on Edit your Settings.

4) Under Your Applications and Settings (It's the first line on the page)...

5) Click on Turn on Platform Applications.

Once you do that you should be able to sign in using your phone immediately. I hope this helps! :)

JL

estigall

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Still wont sync!!!!

I have tried all of the above techniques, and I still cant get my FB contacts to sync. Should I return it at this point????

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I am having a sync error with my Facebook contacts for some reason. I had to install the 1.3.2 Facebook update to bring my contacts back, but if I delete the update and just use the default Facebook app and try to add that account to my phone it will give me a sync error.

travel2usoon

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Bump.

Tried everything I've read. Wondering if it's a problem with the phone.
It was weird...today was the first time I tried Facebook on my Epic and it wouldn't let me sign in. Several times it wouldn't recognize me and I gave up. (many similar problems with WM and my tp2). After reading this thread I just opened it and I was already signed in and up...go figure. Tonight I didn't even need to sign in.

estigall

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I figured it out!!! Go to the Android Market and download the FB app, then go to the settings in the app and tell it to sync your contacts, and that should do it...

Coldwater29#AC

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had this trouble as well, when I had my Evo, Facebook synced to the phone automatically, not sure if it was because HTC's Sense was more intelligent about it.. but anyhow, the workaround I did was to log into Facebook via the accounts area (Samsung's integrated Facebook app), then manually link the contact with the contact.. long I know, but it worked.

morettiman

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Was not able to see "Platform Applications" in my list on FB. I noticed the sync issue with both FB and Twitter once the D118 build came out.
I still can't sync to either. Any other ideas? REALLY annoying how everything was working smoothly, and now...NOT!

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Was not able to see "Platform Applications" in my list on FB. I noticed the sync issue with both FB and Twitter once the D118 build came out.
I still can't sync to either. Any other ideas? REALLY annoying how everything was working smoothly, and now...NOT!

try uninstalling the FB app and reinstall with current version from Market.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site

dont blame it on the build because a majority of other people have not had any problems syncing including me.

and i did not have to do any "platform application" thing. i dont even know what that is. i just open up facebook>sign in> click sync existing contacts and it works
when i go into menu>settings>accounts and sync - facebook is there and syncs. so its gotta be something your doing wrong not the phone

ryanandree

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
what are the first two boxes that you are referring to? If I go to accounts and sync, I have facebook added, but when I click on it, no options are showing up