Access Company Directory on Epic?

alex94z

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how to access a MS Exchange company directory from the Epic? My co-worker with an Evo has the option when composing a new email.

alex94z

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind, I figured it out. When composing, click on 'Search', and a GAL search window will open and allow a company directory search.

Last edited:

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
This only works for email- not lookup of phone contacts. Unless you want to Sync contacts with your phone- you need Touchdown to do a GAL phone book search. I have not yet tried this- this is from Corey- one of our AC Mods.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
That sounds like something I'd say, but I can't remember where I said it lol.

But yes, it's true you can do a GAL search when composing an email in the stock client. Touchdown does this and also allows you to do a GAL search from within its contact application as well. I find this handy for looking up full details on someone I work with.

CellFoneChik

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
It's a shame Samsung did not implement phone directory lookup in Android 2.1 OS like HTC did for the Hero. Anyone have any idea why Samsung did not include this feature in their version of Android 2.1?

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Samsung must not use Exchange? LOL. I really don't know. For all I know, it may be on the other galaxy phones and is another Epic cutting room floor omission...Cory - did you get the Fascinate or other galaxy phone - can you confirm?