App that will switch your screen to landscape?

FaerieInk

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I've found a few DIY dock solutions (other than the Samsung media dock) but can't use them much unless I am able to switch my screen to landscape and keep the keyboard closed. I don't really want to have a special "dock" app, just something that will switch the orientation of my home screen. Any suggestions? TIA! :)

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Settings>sounds and display>orientation. Check that ad if you rotate yor phone it will follow (in apps). Don't know about the home screen.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

FaerieInk

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Launcher Pro..and it's free

Thank you!! I'll give it a shot! :)

Edit... I just downloaded and installed it, but it doesn't seem to change anything with regards to the orientation of my home screens. And I can't seem to find any place to change any settings.

Last edited:

FaerieInk

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Settings>sounds and display>orientation. Check that ad if you rotate yor phone it will follow (in apps). Don't know about the home screen.

Yup, that one's already checked to automatically change the orientation. Doesn't work with the home screen though, unfortunately!

FaerieInk

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Thank you!! I'll give it a shot! :)

Edit... I just downloaded and installed it, but it doesn't seem to change anything with regards to the orientation of my home screens. And I can't seem to find any place to change any settings.

*bump* any tips? I downloaded Launcher Pro, but my home screen orientations didn't change at all.

c64guy

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
While running LauncherPro, hit Menu -> Preferences -> Behavior Settings and make sure "Enable Auto-rotation" is checked. For me, this makes the home screen switch to landscape even when my keyboard is closed!

FaerieInk

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
While running LauncherPro, hit Menu -> Preferences -> Behavior Settings and make sure "Enable Auto-rotation" is checked. For me, this makes the home screen switch to landscape even when my keyboard is closed!

Yay! It worked!! Thank you!

I honestly felt like I had a screw loose because I couldn't figure it out. I installed Launcher Pro yesterday and then uninstalled it when I couldn't find any option to change the settings. The install must not have worked completely, because when I just installed it again, I saw a totally different launcher (when I hit the home button yesterday, I only had "Home" and I think "TWLauncher" as options, today there was an additional option for Launcher Pro) and was able to find the settings.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
is there a way to get the home screen to landscape mode without having to have LauncherPro installed?

Your going to have to wait for froyo if you want the Samsung tw to be rotatable.

froyo has 270 degree rotation. So either wait, flash a Rom that has it, or flash a froyo rom