I hate to say it but...

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Posts like this irk me and are completely useless. Let me go to an internet forum and post some BS and not explain anything. What problems are you having. Without stating this, its pretty much just a rant, and not a good one. There is plenty this phone can handle that the neither the Evo or iPhone can touch. By far the best phone I've ever had after just not being impressed with the Evo. I think of the Evo as a Hero with a processor that can finally handle sense... and nothing else.

Well you are totally wrong about the EVO. Too bad you weren't impressed with the EVO. One of the few. EVO = Hero. Stupidty.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Evo=Epic let's coexist guys! We're all running Android and we all have to welcome each other into each other's forums. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I do warn that it must be written in a polite tone. I made the mistake once of writing somewhat forcefully and a flame war started. Now, of course this is the Epic forum, and many of us will be biased towards the Epic, but we really should respect opinions. Just check out my youtube video "Samsung Epic vs. HTC EVO". I stated in the comments that both phones are good and I've already had some arguments.

My personal choice is the Epic, but I still miss my EVO to some point. :)

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
See ya! Oh and dont let the door hit you on the way out!

Man people in here are way too sensitive. I wasn't trashing the phone simply pointing out that is has major problems that shouldn't exist.

I am trying my hardest to love this phone I just need samsung to help me a little bit. At least give us one update soon.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Man people in here are way too sensitive. I wasn't trashing the phone simply pointing out that is has major problems that shouldn't exist.

I am trying my hardest to love this phone I just need samsung to help me a little bit. At least give us one update soon.

and all I said was bye and to not let the door hurt you on the way out. Nothing more nothing less. But you have to see when you make a thread on the premise of leaving one thing for another (especially when the other is a rival or an apple product) that some people will get upset. You cannot expect to get sympathy posts in the forum of the phone youre leaving for the rival or an apple product. Plus being an early adopter you must realize that there are going to be quirks (the evo had plenty of them and so does the iphone) with the phone and saying youre dropping it due to the issues says you should probably steer clear of newly released phones and just wait a few months after a phone is released before buying it.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Like i've said before i'm waiting for froyo... many if not all of most ppls complaints should be fixed with the 2.2 update... So if you have the phone i'd at least wait until the update before considering jumping ship..

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Like i've said before i'm waiting for froyo... many if not all of most ppls complaints should be fixed with the 2.2 update... So if you have the phone i'd at least wait until the update before considering jumping ship..

I know Froyo will bring upgraded performance and some nice new features to the Epic, but many issues the Epic has are related to Samsung apps rather than 2.1 system issues. Like everyone else, I hope those fixes are bundled in a future Froyo update.

Does anyone know if Samsung/Sprint is officially on the know about some of the most important issues identified so far?

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
My Epic 4G has been nothing but great. Any issues I have were to be expected like battery, no 2.2, and.... well thats really it. I feel a lil' bad for those that seem to have duds but Sprint gives you 30 days to figure it out, which you should still have 2 weeks left of, so stfu.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If the phone doesn't do what you expect- DONT wait for an update. Get out during the 30 day- and come back later if you need to.

My experience with Evo was TERRIBLE the ist 29 days. I got rid of all 3. Looking at it since Froyo (and the newer builds) perhaps I'd have been fine with it- but I personally am glad I checked out the Epic. I have the full intention of returning Epic before the 30th day if I find something I just can't do without...but right now, with a few apps to make up for some shortcomings (which I also had to do on Evo) I'm pretty happy.

Froyo to me will simply be icing on the cake, but I can understand why others may feel differently. As far as the EVO comparison to the Hero- I kinda agree- the #1 reason I left Evo was it didn't FEEL like a next gen processor- and I saw Nexus 1s running faster! The FPS issue was a real gripe too and seeing the Aria run sooooo liquid smooth side by side was what nailed the coffin shut. To see a pint sized version by HTC run flawlessly while the top tier phone struggled - just made me ditch the phone.

Now with Froyo on board- I assume the experience is much improved- but had it not been addressed I'd have been locked into a phone I didn't like for 2 years.

Shame these phone companies can get away with making faulty products - no idea why the better business bureau can't get involved- because this is a serious issue when you're being locked into a contract IMHO.

bjb_nyj101

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Shame these phone companies can get away with making faulty products - no idea why the better business bureau can't get involved- because this is a serious issue when you're being locked into a contract IMHO.

Yeah, like every version of the Galaxy S having GPS issues (and don't tell me that the Epic's works. I've seen FIRST HAND the epic place me about 100 feet away from my actual location). Not to mention, every version having unresponsive / non-working capacitive buttons. Oh, and I almost forgot about it having trouble connecting to 64-bit operating systems.

but Sprint gives you 30 days to figure it out, which you should still have 2 weeks left of, so stfu.

There is no need for immature comments.

Last edited:

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, like every version of the Galaxy S having GPS issues (and don't tell me that the Epic's works. I've seen FIRST HAND the epic place me about 100 feet away from my actual location). Not to mention, every version having unresponsive / non-working capacitive buttons. Oh, and I almost forgot about it having trouble connecting to 64-bit operating systems.

There is no need for immature comments.

Hold on there, I must disagree. My capacitive buttons are incredibly responsive and as much as the EVO's I must say. The GPS is barely off if not at all when I tested it while driving.

bjb_nyj101

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Hold on there, I must disagree. My capacitive buttons are incredibly responsive and as much as the EVO's I must say. The GPS is barely off if not at all when I tested it while driving.

I have seen TONS of posts on various forums of Epic owners complaining of GPS issues, and unresponsive capacitive buttons.

And I personally experienced an unresponsive back button on both Epic's that were on display at the Sprint store, as well as GPS issues with my roommate's epic.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I have seen TONS of posts on various forums of Epic owners complaining of GPS issues, and unresponsive capacitive buttons.

And I personally experienced an unresponsive back button on both Epic's that were on display at the Sprint store, as well as GPS issues with my roommate's epic.

Yes, I have experienced this myself, which leads me to believe there are a batch of Epics out there that seem to not have the problems. My first Epic had capacitive button problems, but no GPS problems. My 2nd and 3rd Epics were beyond responsive and actually almost too sensitive, but the GPS was slightly off.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I must have a golden Epic. No GPS issues, Fast 3G, No wobble, great battery life, responsive capacitive buttons... oh, and I can spell correctly.

My Epic could be yours for the once in a lifetime price of:XXX
:p

Same here! I know there are golden Epics out there :)

Last edited by a moderator:

om3ga1582

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Wow, I must be lucky then as my Epic actually has none of there problems. My GPS works prefect, have not had a single problem with the buttons and it connects just fine to all 3 of my 64-bit computers. :p lucky me. Anyways, not everybody has these issues as I've read many people saying there's works fine. I know many people do have some of these issues, but not everybody.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I must be lucky then as my Epic actually has none of there problems. My GPS works prefect, have not had a single problem with the buttons and it connects just fine to all 3 of my 64-bit computers. :p lucky me. Anyways, not everybody has these issues as I've read many people saying there's works fine. I know many people do have some of these issues, but not everybody.

What are you waiting for? Go post in the "Golden Epic 4g Thread"! I'm trying to see how many users are NOT having any problems with the Epic to determine if there really isn't a mass production problem.