Charging phone keeps beeping!

tomme12

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Why is it when I charge my phone thing beeps every 15-30 minutes or something. Im not sure what its doing, but I cant keep it next to me at night and have it beeping. I turned off system sounds and it still beeps. What the heck is it doing!

capitaltpt

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem, though the beeps are more random. The "beeping sound" is the same sound that occurs when you take the phone out of Airplane mode. A few others on another forum have the same issue. Anybody know what this is?

capitaltpt

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I've been sitting next to my charging phone for the past 30 minutes and it's beeped twice. Both times I turned it on quickly and noticed that the 3G icon is gone (it comes back on within a few seconds). Maybe the radio is resetting for some reason? Can anybody else confirm?

capitaltpt

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
So I've done a couple test so far. I can confirm for me at least, that the phone will not "beep" when you turn Wifi on, which again points to it being an issue with the 3G radio. I've done a factory reset and have had no issues for the past 90 minutes it's been charging. I'm going to reinstall my apps a couple at a time to see if the beeping is a possible issue with a certain app. I'll reply back when I have more info.

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Its losing cell signal altogether. My wifes epic started doing this yesterday. Shed lose all bars sporadically and get the blue circle with a line through it (no signal icon) it'd quickly reacquire afterward.

Odd as I also have an epic and mine at the same time was behaving normally.

capitaltpt

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
This only seems to do it while charging though. I have very spotty reception at work often having 50-60% of the time with no signal (and that's with the Airplane mode ON/OFF fix) without any beep. The phone did make it through the night last night without beeping, so I'm hopeful the factory reset worked.

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed this problem last night... my girlfriend actually noticed it saying my phone kept beeping and it was driving her nuts... has anyone found out what the solution is?

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed this problem last night... my girlfriend actually noticed it saying my phone kept beeping and it was driving her nuts... has anyone found out what the solution is?

tantrang721

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Charging phone keeps beeing

The noise has been driving my gf crazy as well. I didn't notice the beeping until recently. Yesterday I could not make or receive phone calls, text message, or use data, while having full bars of reception. After doing a series of test for an hour with the Tech and Special Tech team, Sprint would not resolve this problem. Some how, when I was going to exchange the phone 5 hours later, it worked at the store. Just my lucky. Well, I guess I noticed the beeping more today while it is charging and it could have caused my problems. I noticed the dropped 3G signal and DATA ROAMING GUARD. This notice does not pop up at my apt., only while charging. I just turned off the Data Roaming and hoping that the beeping does not continue. If it does, I would have to trade it in for an EVO because it may be a bug with these new phones. I am afraid that this problem will continue to occur after my trial period.

Jim Tyson

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I realise I'm late to the party but...

This beeping when charing is caused by a faulty charger connection: each time the phone registers that it's connected and charging it beeps. If the charger connection is unreliable then each time it disconnects and then connects again you will hear the beep.

Sol Saguaro

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
The sound occurs on my Galaxy S3, usually a series of beeps in quick succession. The sound is a short high-pitched beep, not the sound associated with charging/not-charging. I can't determine what invokes this alert.

I found this on the Bell Mobile site, however:

"If your mobile phone frequently beeps, even though your battery is fully charged, check the alerts in your settings menu. Several phone models have a 1-minute alert and a service change alert. Make sure they are set to off to avoid the beeps."

Basically, that means your phone's telling you it's about to die, even though it isn't; or a circuit's being rerouted. However, this is advice from 2012. Could be something else again. Not a problem so long as it's not a warning that your phone's being hijacked.