Sep 16th Update

JojoSteez

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I will also keep declining until I found out if it doesn't work with rooted phones. Hope to find out soon.

It popped up and said an update was available. I installed it. I am rooted again, but I ended up stock flashing my phone to get rid of the kernel. I did reroot and it is fine with the update installed. I can't say the update would "break" root, but you can reroot and be good.

egeorge1

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
still haven't gotten my update yet :(

As someone else here said, it probably won't be available for most users until the event this evening. Also, wouldn't they make it available at different times to different people so everyone isn't trying to download it at the same time?

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
it installs through recovery, i'm guessing it puts it into root,

it updates certain native apps as well as the media hub. If you removed the sprint hotspot app, your phone will not update.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
you may need to run the unroot for this update to work. untill its picked apart and a patch for those of us who are rooted comes out.

I am not rooted.

I picked that up off Samsung's FB and Twitter feeds, but have not seen it on Sprint's twitter feed, which tends to be more reliable as the update resides on their servers...

sstea

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Installed update

The update caused a problem with smooth calendar widget. I had to uninstall the app.

Media hub is up an running. 4G connectivity in my house seems more stable although that could be my imagination.

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I still haven't gotten my update yet...wth?:(

No Update here either, I am in Southern CA.

I am not too worried about the update if it isn't 2.2 I remember with palm all the updates "broke" settings and teaks I had, it was exhausting the amount of re-setting my personal settings and tweaks..

I wish there was an option to assign default for core apps like messaging.. ( i want to someone Disable the stock messaging App.

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
No Update here either, I am in Southern CA.

I am not too worried about the update if it isn't 2.2 I remember with palm all the updates "broke" settings and teaks I had, it was exhausting the amount of re-setting my personal settings and tweaks..

I wish there was an option to assign default for core apps like messaging.. ( i want to someone Disable the stock messaging App.

I feel you completely. I'm just eager to use the Media Hub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34