Touchscreen responsiveness problem

hotis300boy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I read a post on here where a few people were having issues hanging up, and I have that as well, but recently i noticed I have issues with anything working on the touchscreen, typically when I am on a call. So the only way to get around this besides pounding it 4-5 times is to turn the screen off and turn it back on and then boom it works fine. Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

vertcobra99

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that on my call log... I have to press the phone button on the left two times without fail anytime. This only happens right when you open it. After you press it twice the first time you will never have to press it twice again unless I exit the call log and re enter it... its quite anoying. This is yet another reason I may turn in my epic... time is ticking 14 more days till I may have to return it if some problems are not fixed.

slovak

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Froyo touchscreen lag?

I have noticed a touchscreen delay, or should I say lag while pressing certain things, especially in the dialer while on the phone.
For example, while on hold on a call if a recording says to press 1 for support etc., I press 1, or whatever number a recording says, and nothing happens, I have to tap the number I want to press again in order for it to register that I pressed a button.
Extremely annoying.
This also happens within certain apps, including stock installed apps, and on my home screen from time to time, but the worse is the dialer while on a call. Hard reset and battery pulls do nothing to fix this. I updated using the .exe from Samsuck, and also used Odin just to make sure I would be mostly trouble free.
Anyone else experience this?

RENALDOK

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Touch Screen not responding Epic 4G

I've noticed that my phone stops responding when typing a message, playing a game etc. (entire screen) If I power the screen off (using a quick press of the power button) then power it back on, it works for a while. I'm thinking this is an Hardware issue and need to have it looked @. This happens regardless of if I'm on an official firmware or a custom rom. Anyone else experience this? If so what was the remedy?

RENALDOK

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
In addition to this issue when i press certain keys on the phone dialer it will double press (ex press 2 will actually enter 22) Does Anyone have a fix or a Suggestion?

unorthatrox

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Intermittent failure of touch

I have an intermittent issue where I will screen on, start doing something and the touch will stop responding. Mostly this only affects the main body of the screen. The touch buttons and notification bar usually still work. When this happens I can always remedy it by screen off/on with power button but its quite annoying.

This never happened when I was stock. But has been a problem on every rom I've ever used. It seems a hardware issue sometimes but it used to work right and started immediately after my first rom. It cant be a sensitivity issue because epic has a capacitive type touch. My only guess is reflashing with Odin.

Thoughts or ideas anyone?

Sent from my Samsung-SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85